Mountain View, CA – July 21, 2008 – WSO2, the open source SOA company, today announced that version 1.5 of the WSO2 Mashup Server is now available. The open source WSO2 Mashup Server combines the simplicity and richness of mashups with the reusability, security, reliability and governance required for a service-oriented architecture (SOA). With Version 1.5, the WSO2 Mashup Server adds powerful WSO2 Data Services and security features for enterprise-class service composition.
“For years, enterprises have sought the ability to access the widely disparate data sources in their organizations for greater productivity,” said Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, CEO of WSO2. “The integrated WSO2 Data Services and expanded security functionality in our Mashup Server 1.5 make this a reality—enabling the deployment of trusted, enterprise-class composite services from multiple data sources in as little as a few hours.”WSO2 Mashup Server Features
The WSO2 Mashup Server 1.5 is built on the WSO2 Web Services Application Server, based on Apache/Axis2. The WSO2 Mashup Server can be used as an individual development and service deployment tool, or it can scale up smoothly to support team, enterprise, or Internet-scale communities. Each Mashup Server is capable of hosting large numbers of users and mashups—all connected into a community through tags, ratings, comments, and other Web 2.0-style interface features.
Key new features in Version 1.5 include:
- Integrated WSO2 Data Services, providing mashup-ready Web service interfaces to relational databases and other data sources such as Excel spreadsheets, and comma-separated values (CSVs).
- Integrated UI for easily managing secured mashup services based on WS-Security. Users can choose among some 20 popular enterprise scenarios providing various types and combinations of authentication, encryption, and signing.
- API and configuration extensions, facilitating the consumption of secured services based on WS-Security—from enabling communications between secured services to defining who is allowed to access a service and in what ways.
- User login using OpenID open source electronic IDs complements existing login options based on username/password and Microsoft InfoCard-based electronic IDs.
- Google Gadget support. Version 1.5 offers stubs, templates, and try-it pages for Google Gadgets that can be hosted within the WSO2 Mashup Server or externally, such as in a user’s iGoogle page. It also includes a beta dashboard add-in for hosting Google Gadgets within the WSO2 Mashup Server itself.
- Feature and usability enhancements for greater productivity, performance, and ease of use.
The WSO2 Mashup Server 1.5 is available for download today. As a fully open source solution released under the Apache License 2.0, the WSO2 Mashup Server does not carry any software licensing or subscription fees. Mooshup.com, the hosted online version of the Mashup Server, offers free membership upon email verification. WSO2 offers a range of service and support options for the WSO2 Mashup Server 1.5. These include support subscriptions, training, consulting, custom development and development support.