White paper examines how to optimize enterprise application scalability, security, and maintainability with WSO2 Carbon and WSO2 Stratos
Palo Alto, CA – October 1, 2013 – Today, organizations seek to improve enterprise application development, innovation and productivity. However, enterprise developers often devote significant time on coding their domain security, monitoring, auditing, authentication, and authorization practices. A new white paper from WSO2 examines how IT professionals can take advantage of 100% open source, componentized middleware and cloud software from WSO2 to optimize enterprise application development, address functional requirements and transparently inherit application scalability, availability and reliability.
The white paper, "A Definitive Guide to Developing Enterprise Applications with the WSO2 Application Platform," can be downloaded at http://wso2.com/whitepapers/a-definitive-guide-to-developing-enterprise-applications-with-the-wso2-application-platform/
Proven Practices for Enterprise Application Development
The paper examines how enterprises can effectively address security, monitoring, auditing, authentication, and authorization requirements using the WSO2 Carbon enterprise middleware platform and WSO2 Stratos platform as a service (PaaS). Developed by members of the WSO2 engineering team, it shares proven application development practices that have been employed while working with enterprise customers on their implementations.
Key topics include:
- Data services: unifying access to standard interfaces.
- Messaging: improving transaction handling, reliable messaging, and flow control.
- Web services: enabling language-independent application development and hosting with WSO2 Stratos.
- Enterprise integration: strengthening transport switching, transformation and routing best practices using WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Governance: ensuring quality and control over business assets with design-time and runtime governance.
- Security and identity management: supporting federated identity, delegation and identity provisioning with WSO2 Identity Server.
- Data analytics: monitoring service-oriented architecture (SOA) metrics and requirements with WSO2 Business Activity Monitor (BAM).
- Integrated development environment (IDE): developing various enterprise application services and deploying to local or remote servers using WSO2 Developer Studio.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed..