The Apache Axis2 server is now bundled in to host sample back-end services, helping to demonstrate sample configurations in this new version of Apache Synapse which is currently under incubation at the Apache Software Foundation Web services project.
Apache Synapse is a mediation framework for Web services. It allows messages flowing through, into, or out of an organization to be mediated. Apache Synapse promises to be a robust, lightweight implementation of a highly scalable and distributed service mediation framework based on Web services specifications.
You can download this release from: http://incubator.apache.org/synapse/download/0.90/download.cgi
Many samples that illustrate the features of Synapse are included in this release along with
- Proxy services (Service mediation) and Message mediation support with an enhanced set of mediators
- Support for Endpoint definitions
- Integration with a built-in Registry
- Support the dynamic refresh of resources and mediation rules loaded from the Registry
- Support for HTTP and JMS transports
- Support for WS-Reliable Messaging and WS-Security through WS-Policies
- Script mediator supporting all BSF scripting languages
- Error handling and recovery support for mediation
- Samples and enhanced documentation
- Maven 2 based build process