A week after the beta, WSO2 released the full version of Web Services Application Server 2.0 today.
WSO2 WSAS is an integrated Web services Platform which offers a complete middleware solution. It is a lightweight, highly performant platform for Service Oriented Architectures, enabling business logic and applications. Bringing together a number of Apache Web services projects, WSO2 WSAS provides a secure, transactional and reliable runtime for deploying and managing Web services.
Main features of version 2.0 include
- Data services support allowing data in relational databases to be exposed as Web services, and to be included in Web mashups with ease.
- Eclipse IDE integration with wizard based flows to automate most steps and make easy the process of developing, deploying and debugging Web services.
- Clustering support with state replication for high availability, along with load balancing, failover and cluster-wide management functions.
- EJB service provider support to expose EJBs deployed on a remote J2EE application server (AS) as Web services.
- Axis1 backward compatibility to easily deploy any Apache Axis1-based Web service and engage advanced WS-* services, such as WS-RM and WS-Policy in front of legacy Axis1 services.
WSO2 WSAS 2.0 also has extended security with support for WS-Security, WS-Trust, WS-Policy and WS-SecureConversation with additional means for secure Web-based communications using public key infrastructure (PKI) with XKMS. This release of WSO2 WSAS also includes an inbuilt SecurityTokenService as defined in WS-Trust specification.
Download WS02 WSAS 2.0 right here.