Five-Day Event Features Case Studies, Technical Sessions, and Tutorials to Provide IT Professionals with SOA and Cloud Technology Insights and Implementation Best Practices
Palo Alto, CA – August 11, 2011 - WSO2 today announced the guest keynote speakers for WSO2Con 2011. WSO2’s second annual user conference will explore the unique convergence of service-oriented architecture (SOA), open source software, and cloud computing implementations, as well as IT strategies for improving productivity and competing in a global economy.
WSO2Con 2011 runs September 12-16, 2011 at the acclaimed Waters Edge resort and conference center in Capital City, Sri Lanka. Special all-inclusive packages offer exceptional rates covering the event, airfare, five-star hotel, and ground transportation. Participants who register by August 19, 2011 can take advantage of the 20% early bird discount.Keynote Speakers Keynote speakers at WSO2con 2011 are some of the world’s innovators in the development and implementation of SOA, Web services, open source and other software technologies. The keynote sessions and presenters include:
- “IBM Global Technology Outlook – 2011,” Dr. C. Mohan, IBM Research Fellow. Since 1981, Dr. Mohan has focused on the areas of database, workflow and transaction management. He is the primary inventor of the ARIES family of recovery and concurrency control methods and the industry-standard Presumed Abort commit control.
- “Service Orientation – Why it is Good for Your Business,” Sastry Malladi, eBay Distinguished Architect. Mr. Malladi is a technical evangelist with over 20 years of experience in architecting and building scalable distributed computing systems in the areas of application servers, Java/J2EE/Web services, SOA and grid computing.
- “Enterprise Integration Patterns: Past, Present and Future,” Gregor Hohpe, Google Engineer. Mr. Hohpe is a widely recognized thought leader on asynchronous messaging and SOA; he co-authored the seminal book “Enterprise Integration Patterns” (Addison-Wesley, 2004).
- “SOA & Beyond Using Open Source Technologies,” Narendra Nathmal, Cognizant Technologies Chief Architect. In his role at the Cognizant Advanced SOA Center of Excellence, Mr. Nathmal’s current areas of research include open source SOA, complex event processing, semantic SOA, and SOA governance.
WSO2Con 2011 presents five days of conference sessions and tutorials designed for IT architects and managers. Conference sessions run Tuesday, September 13 -Thursday, September 15 and will feature case studies, technology developments, and implementation best practices in the areas of SOA, cloud, enterprise solutions, e-government, and banking and finance. In-depth pre-conference and post-conference tutorials will be held on Monday, September 12, and Friday, September 16, respectively. To view the full agenda, visit http://wso2con.com/agenda.
The special all-inclusive WSO2Con 2011 package includes airfare, hotel accommodation of up to six nights in a five-star hotel, full conference pass including both tutorial days, and ground transportation. Packages from North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region range from $1,900 to $2,900.
Participants also can purchase the event packages separately.
- Full conference and tutorial package (two days of tutorials plus three-day conference and evening events): $350
- Conference package (three-day conference and evening events): $250
Group discounts of 10% to 20% are available, depending on the number of registrants. Additionally, the 20% early bird discount applies to participants who register by August 19, 2011. For more information, visit http://wso2con.com.About WSO2
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information,visit http://wso2.com and the WSO2 OxygenTank developer portal at http://wso2.org, or check out WSO2 on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, WSO2 Blogsand FriendFeed.All trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.