WSO2 API Manager Will Enable Easy API Store Access While Ensuring Control Over How Customers and Partners Use an Enterprise’s APIs On-Premise and in the Cloud
Palo Alto, CA – March 20, 2012
– WSO2 today announced that the company has begun recruiting beta customers for the new WSO2 API Manager
product scheduled to launch this summer. WSO2 API Manager will enable enterprises
to extend their data, processes and services out to customers, partners and other business units via APIs while providing the ability to secure, protect and monitor API resource interactions. WSO2 API Manager also will allow developers to rapidly find, subscribe to, and evaluate the APIs that enterprises make available.
Like all WSO2 middleware, WSO2 API Manager will run on-premise and in the cloud, and WSO2 API Manager is based on the fully componentized platform used by enterprises around the world, including a Global 1000
company that is handling more than 1 billion API calls per day. Using WSO2 API Manager, enterprises will be able to:
- Offer APIs to their customers and partners, as well as other internal users.
- Display and promote APIs in an API store.
- Enable developers to sign up and subscribe to APIs.
- Collect usage, performance, and quality of service metrics to analyze and understand how APIs are being used.
- Use a policy-based approach to securing APIs, managing access, and throttling usage.
Ideal candidates for the WSO2 API Manager beta program are enterprise IT professionals who are planning or evaluating ways to offer a choice of APIs to third parties—whether externally or to other business groups within the organization. Participants also must be committed to participating and giving feedback. For more information and to contact WSO2 about joining the beta program, please visit the product Web page: http://wso2.com/products/api-manager.
“New Web business models for growing customer loyalty and revenue streams rely on managed APIs to extend the enterprise’s business capabilities as a service, rather than an insular application,” said WSO2 Co-founder and CTO Paul Fremantle. “Our forthcoming WSO2 API Manager product—built on the same code as our award-winning WSO2 Carbon middleware platform—will address this challenge by offering an API store for enabling easy access to APIs while also delivering the robust functionality to securely control how those APIs are used.”
Paul Fremantle will discuss WSO2’s approach to API management in depth at the WSO2 workshop, “Delivering Your Business as an API.” The technical workshop will be held on Wednesday, March 28, from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA.
For more information, visit: http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2012-march-palo-alto-delivering-your-business-as-an-api-workshop.
WSO2 API Manager Builds on WSO2 Carbon and Stratos Success
WSO2 API Manager is being built on the same modular, fully componentized OSGi-compliant code base as WSO2’s two award-winning, 100% open source platforms: the WSO2 Carbon enterprise middleware platform and WSO2 Stratos cloud middleware platform. As a result, WSO2 API Manager will:
- Be available simultaneously on WSO2 Carbon and WSO2 Stratos when it launches, giving enterprises the flexibility to deploy on-premise, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment.
- Automatically integrate with all other WSO2 middleware products running on the WSO2 Carbon and WSO2 Stratos platforms.
- Use the proven core framework components that provide all WSO2 middleware products with a consistent set of enterprise-class management, security, clustering, logging, statistics, tracing, and other capabilities.
- Offer a graphical management console, which is integrated with other WSO2 middleware products, for configuration, management and monitoring.
is the industry’s first fully componentized middleware platform for creating, running, and managing composite applications and Web services within an SOA. WSO2 Carbon lets developers easily deploy and customize any of its WSO2 Carbon-based middleware products, and the 150-plus components on which they are comprised, providing greater flexibility and agility to meet changing enterprise demands.
is the industry’s first complete cloud middleware platform for rapidly building and deploying applications and services with full multi-tenancy and the elasticity, reliability and scalability to support high-volume cloud environments. WSO2 Stratos is built on top of and extends WSO2 Carbon with cloud-native functionality.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com
and the WSO2 OxygenTank developer portal at http://wso2.org
, or check out WSO2 on the WSO2 Blog
, and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.