9-Week Web-Based Training Program Provides IT Professionals With All-New Sessions on Proven Practices for Solving Enterprises’ Top IT Challenges
Palo Alto, CA – May 17, 2011 WSO2, today announced that WSO2 SOA Summer School returns for a third year by popular demand. Since 2009, the Web-based program has helped more than 2,000 enterprise IT architects and developers become more familiar with service-oriented architecture (SOA) technologies and best practices. The all-new classes for 2011 focus on proven techniques for addressing enterprises’ top IT challenges in such areas as cloud deployment, integration, security, governance, and master data management. The free WSO2 Summer School classes will be held every Wednesday at 9 a.m. Pacific for nine consecutive weeks beginning June 1, 2011.
“Our widely attended SOA Summer School program highlights the keen interest within the developer community to gain a deeper understanding of proven IT development best practices and the industry standards supporting them,” said Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO. “Now in its third year, the program offers an exciting opportunity to extend our open source commitment to open education and expand this community’s knowledge with new classes that address the top SOA priorities we’re seeing among enterprises.”
The same senior technical experts delivering WSO2's professional consulting, design and training are capturing their SOA and cloud implementation expertise to create and teach the nine customized SOA Summer School courses. The program is open to all individuals who want to boost their SOA knowledge directly from some of the industry's leading experts—a once-a-year opportunity to obtain thousands of dollars worth of professional training at zero cost. For details on the program and how to sign up, visit http://wso2.com/training.
The classes forming the nine-week SOA Summer School program are:
- June 1 – Security Policy Enforcement for the Enterprise.Gain insight into how XACML can be used to define fine-grained authorization policies, as well as SOAP- based and RESTful services. Also, learn how to control Web service calls through defined roles.
- June 8 – Identity Management in the Cloud.Review the advantages of moving identity management to the cloud, identity and security open standards for mitigating authentication challenges, and cloud-based identity management systems such as WSO2 Identity as a Service.
- June 15 – End-to-End Governance in the Enterprise.Learn strategies for using design-time and runtime governance to significantly improve productivity in an enterprise SOA; also explore how governance patterns support different SOA use cases.
- June 22 – Enterprise Integration with SAP and WSO2 ESB.Learn how WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (WSO2 ESB) exposes many SAP-based technologies with native SOA integration technologies, and how SAP technologies relate to business and enterprise systems in different integration scenarios.
- June 29 – Enterprise Integration with the FIX Protocol.Learn about the FIX protocol for real-time financial transactions, and explore real-life integration scenarios involving the FIX protocol and solutions using WSO2’s open source middleware.
- July 6 – Mobile-izing Enterprises with the WSO2 Mobile Services Gateway.Learn how to leverage the WSO2 Mobile Services Gateway, and explore the common solution architectures and patterns for integrating mobile applications with heterogeneous enterprise applications.
- July 13 – Master Data Management in Your SOA.Gain insight into leveraging existing Master Data and Master Data Repositories when building solutions, and review master data management (MDM) pattern and virtual MDM concepts and different approaches to MDM pattern implementation.
- July 20 – Platform-as-a-Service: The WSO2 Way.Learn how the WSO2 Stratos cloud platform addresses common PaaS and SaaS requirements, including support for private cloud, public cloud and hybrid cloud environments. A sample cloud application will present key concepts.
- July 27 – Wrap-up: The Best of Summer School 2011.An expert panel will provide condensed highlights of the Summer School classes and answer attendees’ questions.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information,visit http://wso2.com and the WSO2 OxygenTank developer portal at http://wso2.org, or check out WSO2 on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, WSO2 Blogsand FriendFeed.All trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.