8-Week Web-Based Training Program Provides IT Professionals With All-New Sessions on SOA and Cloud Concepts, Technologies and Best Practices
Mountain View, CA – May 17, 2010 – WSO2 today announced that WSO2 SOA Summer School returns for 2010. Last year the Web-based WSO2 SOA Summer School program helped more than 1,000 enterprise IT architects and developers become more familiar with service-oriented architecture (SOA) concepts, technologies, and best practices. The program for 2010 brings all-new sessions, including insights and proven techniques for cloud deployments, business process management (BPM), complex event processing (CEP) business rules processing, and more. The free WSO2 Summer School classes will be held every Thursday at 9 a.m. Pacific for eight consecutive weeks beginning June 10, 2010.
“The popularity of our first SOA Summer School in 2009 pointed to the keen interest within the developer community to gain a deeper understanding of proven IT development best practices and the industry standards supporting them,” said Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO. “Our SOA Summer School 2010 program is an opportunity to expand this community’s knowledge further and extend our open source commitment to open education.”
The same senior technical experts delivering WSO2's professional consulting, design and training are capturing their SOA and cloud implementation expertise to create and teach the eight customized SOA Summer School courses. The program is open to all individuals who want to boost their SOA knowledge directly from some of the industry's leading experts—a once-a-year opportunity to obtain thousands of dollars worth of professional training at zero cost. For details on the program and how to sign up, visit http://wso2.com/training
The classes forming the eight-week SOA Summer School program are:
- June 10 – Summer Clouds: Understanding the Cloud Landscape. Gain insight into a three-phase model for private and public clouds, and learn how SOAs and clouds fit together. Instructor: Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO.
- June 17 – Building Solutions with Enterprise Middleware. Learn how to put together a complete enterprise middleware stack to support composite applications. Instructor: Asanka Abeysinghe, WSO2 director of solutions architecture.
- June 24 – Integrating and Governing Enterprise Services. Gain insight into proven enterprise service bus (ESB) and governance deployment patterns. Instructors: Ruwan Linton, WSO2 ESB product manager, and Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 Governance Registry product manager
- July 1 – Business-Facing SOA. Learn about BPM and business activity monitoring (BAM) for SOA service composition, orchestration, monitoring, and continual improvement. Instructor: Samisa Abeysinghe, WSO2 vice president of engineering.
- July 8 – Extending SOA with CEP, Eventing and Rules. Learn how to extract more value from existing messages and data through these technologies. Instructors: Srinath Perera, architect, and Asanka Abeysinghe, director of solutions architecture.
- July 15 – Security in SOA. Gain deeper knowledge of how to manage identity in SOAs and clouds via WS-* security standards, OpenID, Open Authorization (OAuth), Infocards, and other open standards. Instructors: Prabath Siriwardena, WSO2 Identity Server product manager, and Thilina Buddhika, Identity Server software engineer.
- July 22 – Under the WSO2 Hood. Gain insight into how to use the OSGi-compliant, entirely component-based WSO2 Carbon middleware platform for lean, agile development. Instructors: Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO, and Sameera Jayasoma, senior software engineer.
- July 29 – SOA Essentials: The Best of Summer. An expert panel will provide condensed highlights of the Summer School classes and answer attendees’ questions.