Palo Alto, CA – November 1, 2011 – Service-oriented architecture (SOA) provides a framework for enabling IT and business efficiency and agility. However, too often implementations fall short because IT practitioners have lost sight of core SOA principles. IT architects, developers and managers can gain insights into effective SOA design by attending the WSO2 workshop, “Practical SOA for the Solution Architect.” The workshop is based on a recently published white paper of the same name. To download the paper and learn more about the workshop, visit http://wso2.com/casestudies/practical-soa-for-the-solution-architect.
In November, the dynamic one-day workshops will run in three cities across Australia, with each session running from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. To register for any of the Australia workshops, visit http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2011-november-australia-practical-soa-workshop. The dates are:
- Melbourne, Monday, November 14, 2011
- Sydney, Thursday, November 17, 2011
- Canberra, Monday, November 21, 2011
The events are part of WSO2’s global education initiative in November featuring technical workshops in Australia, Brazil, Europe, and North America.Workshop Explores Critical SOA Design Principles
The “Practical SOA” workshop offers a retelling of the SOA philosophy in an easily understandable, practical and applicable form, independent of the actual tools used to implement it. The lightweight yet rigorous approach will very quickly equip attendees with the skills to apply SOA technology more effectively at work. Solution architects will benefit most from this technology concept workshop. However, others involved in critical business projects that require the integration of disparate systems and applications will also gain useful insights. Key concepts will include the:
- two layers of SOA that practitioners need to be mindful of,
- three core SOA technology components that every practitioner must understand and know when to use, eight supporting technology aspects that refine a solution design, and
- four critical data design principles that, if ignored, can negate the significant investments in SOA technology.
- Ganesh Prasad, WSO2 consultant architect, is the author of the “Practical SOA for the Solution Architect” white paper on which the workshop is based. Ganesh is a Sydney-based architect with 24 years of IT expertise and more than a decade of practical experience on what works and what doesn’t when implementing an SOA.
- Mahesh Markus, WSO2 director of support, has held senior roles in the UK, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Australia, with responsibility for the business and technical delivery of high-profile engagements. With more than a decade of professional experience in project management, business analysis and solutions development, he is focused on driving sustainable change within organizational IT.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com and the WSO2 OxygenTank developer portal at http://wso2.org, or check out WSO2 on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.