Session Will Use an Open Source Java Platform-as-a-Service Example to Explore Issues of Multi-Tenancy, Elasticity, Billing, Metering, Self-Service and Tenant Isolation in the Cloud
Palo Alto, CA – June 21, 2012
– WSO2 today announced that WSO2 Co-founder and CTO Paul Fremantle will speak at the Cloud East 2012 conference in a tutorial session entitled “Understanding Stratos - an Open Source Platform-as-a-Service Runtime.” The Cloud East 2012 conference will run June 28, 2012 at the Trinity Centre in Cambridge, UK.
Understanding an Open Source PaaS Runtime
The cloud platform or platform-as-a-service (PaaS) is the next wave of middleware as IT professionals seek complete platforms that can scale from a single instance to running complete enterprise applications as a service. In this session, Paul will:
- Review the WSO2 Stratos open source Java cloud middleware platform and its evolution, including core principles and approaches.
- Present a short demonstration of WSO2 Stratos, highlighting how it is being used by different organizations to create domain-specific PaaS deployments.
- Explore how development lifecycle control is emerging as a key part of the PaaS approach.
- Use WSO2 Stratos as an example to examine the concepts of multi-tenancy, elasticity, billing and metering, self-service, and tenant isolation.
Paul’s presentation is aimed at cloud developers and architects looking to use PaaS within their organization or across organizations. It will be held on Thursday, June 28, 2012, from 2:15-3:00 p.m., at the Trinity Centre, Cambridge Business Park.
About the Presenter
Paul Fremantle is WSO2 co-founder and CTO, vice president of the Apache Software Foundation Synapse Project, and co-chair of the OASIS Web Services Reliable eXchange Technical Committee. Recognized by InfoWorld as a Top 25 CTO, Paul has played a pioneering role in open source development, beginning with the original Apache SOAP project where he donated code to enable access to Enterprise JavaBeans. Paul also led IBM’s involvement in the Axis C/C++ project. In addition to publishing numerous articles, Paul has authored two books, Building Web Services in Java, 2nd Edition and The XML Files.
About WSO2 Stratos
WSO2 Stratos is the industry’s first complete cloud middleware platform for rapidly building and deploying applications and services with full multi-tenancy and the elasticity, reliability and scalability to support high-volume cloud environments. The award-winning 100% open source cloud platform is built on and extends the WSO2 Carbon enterprise middleware platform. Additionally, WSO2 Stratos powers the WSO2 StratosLive public PaaS, which is hosted by WSO2. Because WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 Stratos and WSO2 StratosLive share the same code, applications and services can be migrated smoothly and safely on premise, to a private cloud, to the public cloud, or to a hybrid cloud environment.
About Cloud East 2012
Cloud East 2012 is a new, practically focused event for anyone who wants to learn more about cloud computing. The conference is organized by Software Acumen, based in Cambridge, England, who runs free and paid-for events for the software community; focused on sharing real-world, practical experiences, while encouraging networking and fun.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com
or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog
, and FriendFeed.