Over 140 Developers Applied to Join WSO2 API Manager Beta Program and Experience Easy API Store Access While Ensuring Control Over How Customers and Partners Use APIs Palo Alto, CA – August 6, 2012 – Managed APIs can provide a door into an enterprise’s business capabilities, enabling new opportunities for monetization and ecosystem development by extending processes and services to customers, partners, and other groups within the organization. However, the cost and complexity of using traditional API management solutions have raised significant barriers to adoption. Today, WSO2 breaks down those barriers with the launch of WSO2 API Manager , the first 100% open source API management product that combines easy, managed API access with full API governance and analysis. General availability of WSO2 API Manager follows an oversubscribed beta program, which attracted more than 140 applicants seeking to take advantage of the product’s innovation in managing APIs. WSO2 API Manager reinvents the API management experience by providing:
- The first full-featured open source API management product, expanding the benefits of managed APIs to enterprises of all sizes.
- The API Store, which lets IT organizations set up their own Apple or Google Marketplace-like store where developers can easily subscribe to and consume APIs.
- Simple installation of a single download versus the multiple product installations required with some API management solutions.
- Full support of the API lifecycle, not just an API key approval workflow.
- Secure authorization of subscribed applications via the OAuth 2.0 key model, providing a key management and revocation model for subscribing applications.
- Throttling and service-level agreement (SLA) management based on the application key, which is an important approach for managing SLAs and monetizing API offerings.
- Easy expansion of features, such as business activity monitoring (BAM), as part of WSO2 Carbon, the industry’s first fully componentized OSGi-compliant enterprise middleware platform.
- Proven scalability in a 1.0 product, since WSO2 API Manager uses the same core technologies and runtime of WSO2 Carbon already being used by enterprises around the world, including a Global 1000 company that is handling more than 1 billion API calls per day.