Palo Alto, CA – August 30, 2012 – Increasingly, enterprises are turning to managed APIs as a means for enabling new monetization models by extending information and processes out to customers, partners and other groups within the organization. To help IT professionals gain insights into implementing an effective API strategy, WSO2 today announced the launch of its API Management Webinar Series program. The free webinar sessions will be held each Tuesday at 9 a.m. Pacific for five weeks beginning September 11, 2012. To learn more and sign up, visit http://wso2.com/landing/api-webinar-series.
Led by WSO2 Vice President of Technology Evangelism Chris Haddad, the webinar series will enable enterprise IT architects and developers to become more familiar with API concepts, technologies, and best practices—expanding their expertise and service levels.
Chris observes, “More enterprises recognize the intrinsic value of using APIs to expose their business assets to third parties. However, it is anything but a sure bet as organizations navigate the challenges of simplifying API access while maintaining control. Our API Management Webinar Series will help IT professionals create a winning strategy by learning best practices for designing, publishing, monitoring, consuming, and effectively managing APIs.”Industry Experts Share Real-World API Experiences
Joining Chris will be API Evangelist Founder Kin Lane, as well as:
- WSO2 Director of Product Management Isabelle Mauny
- WSO2 Director of Solutions Architecture Asanka Abeysinghe
- WSO2 Software Architect Sumedha Rubasinghe
Together, they will share their first-hand experiences in developing and managing APIs to enhance business value. The classes forming the five-week program are:
- September 11 – Introducing WSO2 API Manager for Mobile Applications and Rapid Integration. Review why managed APIs enable rapid integration, how an API management platform quickly integrates back-end services with front-end mobile applications, and when mobile and integration use cases require extending an organization’s service-oriented architecture (SOA) and enterprise service bus (ESB).
- September 18 – Getting Started with API Manager. Gain insight into how WSO2 API Manager enables rapid API creation. Also, learn how to publish, find, explore, subscribe, evaluate, and monitor an API.
- September 25 – API Facade Pattern. Learn how to properly implement the API façade pattern and improve architecture quality. Also, review how teams can expose data services, business process services, application services, and ESB endpoints as business APIs and maintain architectural integrity.
- October 2 – Promoting Service Re-use with API Management. Follow an API roadmap focused on increasing service re-use and enhancing IT business value. Also, gain insight into overcoming common SOA anti-patterns of ‘Not Invented Here’ and ‘Build and Build Again’ by using an API store.
- October 9 – API Management Building Blocks and Business Value. Build on the previous sessions by examining emerging ecosystems for the API economy and digital business, as well as learning how to assemble the building blocks of a successful API.