Mountain View, CA – May 4, 2010 – WSO2 today announced the availability of WSO2 Web Services Application Server (WSAS) 3.2, WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) 3.0, WSO2 Governance Registry 3.5, and WSO2 Identity Server 3.0. The products are being launched in conjunction with WSO2 Carbon 3.0, the newest release of WSO2’s award-winning, fully componentized middleware platform. Together, they enable unprecedented ease in customizing IT application and Web service deployments—across servers and in private or public clouds.
Because they are built on the componentized OSGi-compliant WSO2 Carbon platform, the new versions of WSO2 WSAS, WSO2 ESB, WSO2 Governance Registry, and WSO2 Identity Server all inherit the new functionality in Carbon 3.0, including:
- The new Component Manager, which provides the first interface that lets developers simply point-and-click to extend the capabilities of the middleware; it then acquires, installs, and provisions the runtime automatically.
- Web Services Dynamic Discovery (WS-Discovery) support to automate the detection and configuration of Web service endpoints.
- Enhanced integration of the WSO2 Governance Registry with all other Carbon products, facilitating large clustered deployments and cloud implementations.
- Enhanced usability, including Governance Registry improvements to the user interface, custom WSDL views, and tree-based resource views.
Along with the Carbon 3.0 functionality, the newest WSO2 ESB, WSO2 Governance Registry and Identity Server releases also add many significant new features and enhancements.
“The power of a lean, adaptive middleware platform like WSO2 Carbon is the agility it provides in responding to new business and technology developments,” said Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO. “The innovation and breadth of functionality available simultaneously with our Carbon 3.0 platform and newest middleware product versions highlights the flexibility and rapid deployment that IT professionals can achieve in their own enterprises.”WSO2 ESB 3.0 Dashboard, Enhanced Statistics and Mediation
WSO2 ESB provides a lightweight mediation platform that is based on and enhances the open source Apache Synapse ESB and is designed for the demands of high-volume service-oriented architecture (SOA) implementations. With version 3.0, WSO2 ESB adds
- Graphical dashboard to monitor server environment and runtime—allowing administrators to analyze information and build their knowledge via smart, comprehensible and configurable displays.
- Enhanced statistics handling and collection—giving administrators visibility to identify problems and feed the knowledge back into the process for continuous improvement.
- Hot deploy and hot update configuration elements—helping administrators to evolve their middleware without bringing down a server, or potentially interrupting or losing traffic.
- Priority-based mediation—allowing IT professionals to assign priority status to certain categories of messages to ensure optimum processing, such as when the ESB starts to reach capacity limits.
- New mediators—including Smooks for efficient message transformation, Enrich for smart message manipulation, and Open Authorization (OAuth) for two-legged OAuth support.
- Message relay for more efficient pass-through of messages.
WSO2 Governance Registry is a structured registry and repository featuring comprehensive SOA lifecycle management support. Version 3.5 takes advantage of WSO2 Gadget Server to provide new gadgets for impact analysis on services and registry resources, adding design-time information into an enterprise’s governance regime. IT professionals can see how many services there are, what dependencies exist, and how they are changing. Also new with Version 3.5 are:
- Scripting support for lifecycle management—making it easier to define complex lifecycles and tie them to automation.
- Platform and Group/Cluster deployment model—facilitating support for large server-based environments as well as cloud deployments.
WSO2 Identity Server provides strong authentication and identity management using electronic IDs based on OpenID and Information Cards based on Microsoft CardSpace technology standards. With Version 3.0, Identity Server adds support for the widely adopted Open Authorization (OAuth) protocol, which lets users share their private resources stored on one site with another site without being required to expose their user name and password. Identity Server OAuth support includes both the variants for two-legged authentication and three-legged authentication.WSO2 Products are Part of Proven Componentized Platform As part of the WSO2 Carbon platform, WSO2 WSAS , WSO2 ESB, WSO2 Governance Registry, and WSO2 Identity Server are built as a set of pluggable components, allowing developers to deploy only those components they need. The WSO2 middleware products run on the common Carbon framework, which provides enterprise-class management, security, clustering, logging, statistics, tracing, and other capabilities, and they are accessed via a unified graphical management console. This empowers enterprise IT teams to spend their time integrating systems and building new processes and applications instead of struggling with the rigid boundaries and complexity of proprietary middleware platforms—providing significant savings in project time, costs and staffing. Availability and Support
WSO2 WSAS 3.2, WSO2 ESB 3.0, WSO2 Governance Registry 3.5, and WSO2 Identity Server 3.0 are available today as software downloads and as WSO2 Cloud Virtual Machines running on the Amazon Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2), Linux Kernel Virtual Machine (KVM), or VMware ESX. As fully open source solutions released under the Apache License 2.0, the WSO2 SOA middleware products do not carry any licensing fees. WSO2 offers a range of additional service and support options, including evaluation support, a special QuickStartSM consulting program, development support, and production support.