WSO2 is offering a Business Activity Monitor for its open source SOA offering, providing real-time visibility into processes, transactions and workflows.
The company’s WSO2 BAM system aims to provide customers a lower-cost, easy-to-deploy alternative to complex BAM systems, according to a WSO2 executive.
“SOAs have enabled enterprises to integrate legacy systems as well as new applications into cohesive workflows. However, business insight into these workflows is often limited,” said Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO in a statement. “With WSO2 BAM, IT and business users [will gain] up-to-the-moment views across their entire infrastructure—leading to better business decisions and more effective IT management.”
WSO2 BAM is based on the company’s open source SOA infrastructure offerings, including WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 Web Services Application Server and WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB). Key features of WSO2 BAM include:
- Customizable dashboards enabled by gadgets and reports that give users a complete picture of the situations they monitor.
- Analytics to help users easily identify patterns and trends
- Extensibility that includes user-defined data collected through custom data formats
- Key performance indicator (KPI) monitoring that includes alerts whenever there’s a deviation from a KPI
- RDDMS (relational databases) supported in this WSO2 BAM initial release include Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and H2.
The WSO2 BAM is available as a free software download. WSO2 BAM is released under the open source Apache License 2.0, and so there are no licensing fees. WSO2 BAM is also available as a WSO2 Cloud Virtual Machine, running on Amazon Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2) or VMware ESX., WSO2 said.SOURCE : http://www.idevnews.com/stories/4129/WSO2-Launches-Open-Source-BAM-for-SOA