Mountain View, CA – August 4, 2015 – WSO2 today marked its 10-year anniversary by announcing 10 major milestones in customer adoption, sales and business growth, and platform scope. The gains reflect the increasing demand for WSO2’s pre-integrated, modular open source software for building, integrating, managing, securing and analyzing companies’ APIs, applications, and Web services—on-premises, in the cloud, on mobile devices, and across the Internet of Things (IoT).
- More than 2.2 trillion customer transactions per year now run through WSO2’s enterprise middleware.
- More than 250 active enterprise customers pay for service and support of WSO2’s fully open source software—the Apache License 2.0 version is the enterprise version.
- WSO2 ranked 211 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and clean technology companies in North America, reflecting 459% cumulative growth.
- Annual revenue growth has over the past three years averaged more than 60%, led by strong growth in WSO2 API Manager subscriptions, which continue to more than double each year.
- In 2015, WSO2 has a renewal rate of more than 96% among WSO2 production support customers.
- A 140% growth in the number of channel partners from 2014 to 2015 has translated into a 155% increase in partner-driven revenue in the same time period.
- Growth in customers and revenues has enabled WSO2 to expand the company to 500-plus employees in 2015, a 200%-plus increase over 2013.
- WSO2 customer deployments now extend across 31 countries around the world, which are served by seven WSO2 offices across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific.
- WSO2 contributed one platform as a service (PaaS) Framework to Apache, Apache Stratos, which serves as the basis for WSO2 Private PaaS, WSO2 App Factory, and WSO2 Cloud family of public cloud offerings. Thousands of users have signed up for WSO2 API Cloud and WSO2 App Cloud services since they started coming online in 2014.
- More than 20 WSO2 cloud-enabled middleware products and cloud services—all built on one modular platform—uniquely offer enteprises pre-integrated solutions that work together seamlessly across servers, private and public clouds, mobile devices and IoT devices. Notable additions include WSO2 API Manager, WSO2 Message Broker, WSO2 Complex Event Processor, WSO2 App Factory, and WSO2 User Experience Server. Coming soon are WSO2 Data Analytics Server, WSO2 Machine Learner, and WSO2 IoT Operations Center, among others.
“We started WSO2 back in 2005 with the idea that we could bring a whole new level of agility to enterprises by creating a comprehensive, modular platform of middleware products—all built from the ground up to work together and based on the next generation of open software standards,” said Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder, CEO and chief architect. “The strong customer growth and tremendous scale of deployments we’ve seen worldwide are powerful validation of that vision and of our commitment to it over these last 10 years.”
WSO2 delivers on the promise of the connected business with the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate and manage their APIs, applications, and Web services on-premises, in the cloud, and on mobile devices. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust governance and DevOps functionality for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.