One-Day Workshops by WSO2 CEO and CTO Offer IT Professionals Best Practices for Deploying a PaaS and Managing Data in the Cloud
Palo Alto, CA – July 19, 2011 - The cloud presents a tremendous opportunity for enterprises to increase their agility and cost-effectively deliver new services to employees, customers and partners. However, evaluating, deploying and optimizing technologies in this nascent market can be confusing at best, and worst-case can stall a cloud project in its path. This week, WSO2 delivers two workshops aimed at helping IT architects and developers to address two top cloud implementation issues: managing data in the cloud and deploying a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) using the 100% open source WSO2 Stratos cloud middleware platform.Data in the Cloud: Scaling with Big Data, NoSQL in Your PaaS
The WSO2 “Data in the Cloud” workshop being held in Palo Alto, CA on Tuesday, July 19, 2011 will explore the problem of handling large-scale data and the myriad of choices that are available in this space. In leading the workshop, Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO, and Dr. Srinath Perera, WSO2 senior software architect will:
- Review data characteristics, CAP theorem, and data architectures.
- Discuss issues with PaaS and scaling relational storage for multiple tenants.
- Explain multi-tenant big data and high throughput with Apache Cassandra.
- Explore in-memory data.
- Examine large-scale unstructured data with Apache HDFS and Hadoop.
- Demonstrate how data in the cloud challenges can be addressed with the WSO2 Stratos cloud middleware platform.
Both Sanjiva and Srinath are elected members of the Apache Software Foundation and are committers on several Apache projects. Sanjiva also founded the non-profit Lanka Software Foundation to promote open source development, and he has served on the board of the Open Source Initiative. Srinath also is a co-founder of Apache Axis2. For more information, visit http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2011-july-usa-data-in-the-cloud-workshop.Open PaaS: Understanding the WSO2 Stratos Cloud Platform
The “Open PaaS” workshop is being held in London on Thursday, July 21, 2011. It will help attendees understand PaaS approaches, as well as how to get started in deploying a cloud platform using the open source WSO2 Stratos and the WSO2 StratosLive PaaS. In leading the workshop, Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO, will:
- Discuss PaaS and how it fits into the cloud implementations.
- Demonstrate how to install and use WSO2 Stratos and WSO2 StratosLive.
- Explain how to deploy Web applications into WSO2 Stratos.
- Provide an overview of WSO2 Stratos services.
- Explain multi-tenancy models, including the roles of sub-tenants and super-tenants.
- Review other key PaaS characteristics and functions, including elasticity, billing and logs.
Paul is an award-winning CTO, current co-chair of the OASIS Web Services Reliable eXchange Technical Committee, and vice president of the Apache Synapse project. For more information, visit http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2011-july-uk-open-paas-workshop.About WSO2
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information,visit http://wso2.com and the WSO2 OxygenTank developer portal at http://wso2.org, or check out WSO2 on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, WSO2 Blogsand FriendFeed.All trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.