Six-Week Web-Based Training Program Provides IT Professionals with All-New Sessions on Key Cloud and PaaS Concepts, Technologies and Best Practices Palo Alto, CA – May 22, 2012 – WSO2 today announced that WSO2 Summer School returns for a fourth year by popular demand. The all-new classes for 2012 will focus on the cloud: from selecting a cloud platform to developing cloud applications, scaling cloud deployments, and demonstrating cloud value. Since 2009, WSO2’s interactive Web-based program has helped more than 2,000 enterprise IT professionals become more familiar with the technologies and best practices for building, integrating and deploying Web applications and services. The free WSO2 Summer School classes will be held on Tuesday at 9 a.m. Pacific for six weeks beginning June 12, 2012. “Our widely attended Summer School program has highlighted the keen interest among IT architects and developers to gain a deeper understanding of proven development best practices,” said Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO. “With more enterprises turning to the cloud, our fourth year brings exciting new classes to answer these IT professionals’ top questions about how to select, develop and deploy cloud applications. And it reflects our continued commitment to open education that supports the evolving needs of the developer community.” The six customized Cloud Summer School courses will be led by WSO2 Vice President of Technology Evangelism Chris Haddad, who brings more than a decade of expertise in cloud and platform-as-a-service (PaaS). He will be joined by WSO2 Co-founder and CTO Paul Fremantle, Director of Solutions Architecture Asanka Abeysinghe, Senior Software Architect Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, and Associate Technical Lead Senaka Fernando. Together, they will share their first-hand experience in developing cloud middleware and implementing cloud deployments for Global 1000 companies. The program is open to all individuals who want to boost their cloud knowledge directly from some of the industry’s leading experts—a once-a-year opportunity to obtain thousands of dollars worth of professional training at zero cost. For details on the program and how to sign up, visit http://wso2.com/summer-school. The classes forming the six-week Cloud Summer School program are:
- June 12 – Framework for Selecting a Cloud Application Platform.Review an evaluation framework, competitive scorecard, and quick start roadmap, which will help to select PaaS offerings, set goals, measure improvements; and design, build, deploy and manage cloud-enabled applications.
- June 19 – Building a Cloud-Aware Application.Gain insight into how cloud-aware applications are superior to Web applications. Also, learn how architects and developers can review existing Web applications, identify cloud anti-patterns, and propose effective cloud patterns.
- June 26 – Delivering On-Demand, Shared Middleware Services.Learn how teams can reinvent the application stack to reduce cost, decrease the operations burden, and increase project agility.
- July 10 – Adopting DevOps and Automating Governance.Review why DevOps and automated governance are core PaaS attributes, and learn how the WSO2 Stratos cloud middleware platform optimizes the cloud development experience.
- July 17 – Demonstrating Cloud Value.Gain insight into cloud pay-as-you-go financial models, as well as enterprise show-back and charge-back models, learning how to choose an appropriate model to maximize savings.
- July 24 – Best of Summer School – Scale Cloud across the Enterprise.Build on the previous sessions by learning how to scale proof-of-cloud prototypes, as well as how to anticipate and address cloud deployment challenges.