Mountain View, CA – March 18, 2009 – Even though PHP powers more than 20 million websites worldwide, many IT organizations still have not figured out an easy way to incorporate this popular scripting language into their SOAs. That is because PHP on its own lacks the security, reliability and interoperability required for developers to implement enterprise-class Web services.
WSO2 gives PHP developers the tools to bring their PHP applications into an existing enterprise SOA with the WSO2 Web Services Framework for PHP. WSO2 WSF/PHP is the industry’s only PHP library that lets developers easily create and consume both SOAP and REST Web services—backed by WS-Security and other capabilities for enterprise-class security and reliability. WSF/PHP also simplifies development with Data Services to expose data in PHP-based systems as enterprise-capable Web services. Meanwhile, interoperability with leading platforms, such as Java and .NET, provides a critical bridge between PHP Web applications and the many other data sources, applications and services driving the enterprise.WSO2 Online Training: PHP Web Services for Enterprise SOA
WSO2 will deliver the online course “PHP Web Services – Get Real with Enterprise SOA” to provide PHP developers with best practices for implementing enterprise Web services. It will run Tuesday, March 24, 2009, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Pacific, and as a special promotion, the usual $199 course fee is being waived.
The WSO2 PHP course is particularly useful for those PHP developers who want to integrate with Java, .NET, and other enterprise technologies; require secure linkages across the Internet; or are implementing industry profiles, such as PRESTO, OIOSI, and WS-I RSP. Attendees will learn how to:
- Use XML, SOAP, and WS-Security to create a highly secure communications channel that interoperates with Java (via J2EE) and .NET.
- Work with WSDL and binary attachments when using Web services in PHP, including WSDL generation (code first) and WSDL mode (contract first).
- Transfer binary documents using MTOM technology.
- Build and test clients and services in PHP that can be used to interact over the Web with other systems.
- Create secure services with WS-Security including encryption, authentication and digital signatures.
WSO2 also provides a library of additional resources for implementing WSF/PHP, creating PHP-based Web services, establishing Microsoft interoperability, and using data services. More than a dozen PHP-related instructional demos, articles and tutorials can be found by visiting http://wso2.com/library/php.