Leading the class is Milinda Pathirage , WSO2 technical lead and product manager of the WSO2 Business Process Server. He will provide attendees an overview of best practices for achieving an agile architecture through a service-oriented architecture (SOA) and the holistic use of enterprise middleware, including such technologies as the enterprise service bus (ESB), Business Process Execution Language (BPEL), data services, and Web portals. Additionally, a lab session will take participants through the process of creating a new multi-faceted application using WSO2 Carbon, the award-winning lean middleware platform. The lab will include:
- Writing a simple service using WS-* development tools.
- Adding mediation to the service invocation.
- Building a simple data service to execute create, read, update and delete (CRUD) operations against a database.
- Using a registry/repository to store metadata and manage the services.
- Executing a BPEL process for service orchestration.
- Exposing the services securely to partners through a cloud gateway.
The popular WSO2 SOA Summer School program returns in 2010 to provide the developer community with a deeper understanding of proven IT development best practices and the industry standards supporting them. The eight-week program is open to all individuals who want to boost their SOA knowledge through direct interaction with some of the industry's leading experts—a once-a-year opportunity to obtain thousands of dollars worth of professional training at zero cost. For details on the program and how to sign up, visit http://wso2.com/training .