Half-day workshops will examine best practices for rapidly delivering applications using WSO2 App Factory and building a private or hybrid PaaS with Apache Stratos
Mountain View, CA – November 20, 2014 – Increasingly, the cloud is a cornerstone of enterprise IT. Many organizations are building their own platform as a service (PaaS) environments to take advantage of cloud architecture and cloud service benefits. Others are changing the business-IT dynamic by transforming software delivery into an agile, on-demand application environment. To support this effort, WSO2 will present two workshops in London on adopting cloud-enabled DevOps practices and building a flexible private or hybrid PaaS.
November 25: Building an Agile Development Team with DevOps and WSO2 App Factory
The workshop is designed for IT professionals seeking to accelerate their application delivery by building enterprise private clouds and adopting DevOps practices. It will examine how WSO2 App Factory enables application development teams to implement DevOps practices, automate governance, and focus on business-oriented personalization, self-service, monetization and analytics.
The session will cover how to:
- Optimize agility with DevOps, automated governance, and the cloud.
- Apply best practices for creating an agile development process.
- Implement software development best practices with the WSO2 App Factory workflow.
- A live demo will highlight key aspects of the application life-cycle management process.
- Rapidly provision application project workspaces and deploy complex applications to the WSO2 App Factory cloud.
- Gain project and portfolio visibility with WSO2 App Factory dashboards.
Leading the session will be Asanka Abeysinghe, WSO2 vice president of solutions architecture, who spearheads the company’s customer-facing technical tasks and oversees the solution architecture and technical sales functions. Additionally, he provides consulting to key WSO2 customers.
The workshop will run Tuesday, November 25, 2014 from 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. To register, visit http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2014-november-london-building-an-agile-development-team-with-devops-and-wso2-app-factory .
December 2: Building a Private or Hybrid PaaS with Apache Stratos
The workshop is designed for IT architects and developers seeking to build their own PaaS: whether it is within the datacenter, an existing cloud environment, or any combination of the two. It will examine how Apache Stratos provides a highly extensible PaaS framework that layers on top of existing infrastructure clouds, such as OpenStack, VMware vCloud Air, Apache CloudStack, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), or Google Compute Engine (GCE) to create a more developer-focused experience. Additionally, the session will discuss how Apache Stratos can run a range of software—such as Apache Tomcat, PHP, and MySQL, among others—through cartridges that plug into the framework.
Workshop topics will include:
- A technical overview of Apache Stratos
- Apache Stratos installation and configuration
- An introduction to Docker, Linux CoreOS, and Kubernetes cloud technologies
- Setup of a three-node CoreOS cluster, discovery service, Kubernetes master, and three minions
- Registering a Kubernetes-CoreOS host cluster to Apache Stratos as a Docker runtime
- Creating a PHP cartridge from scratch using Docker
- Deploying a Docker-based PHP cartridge
- Application creation and deployment
- Automated artifact updates
- Manual scaling and auto-scaling based on load average
Leading the session will be Lakmal Warusawithana, WSO2 director of cloud architecture and vice president of Apache Stratos, who focuses on the development of WSO2 Private PaaS, which is built on top of the Apache Stratos project.
The workshop will run Tuesday, December 2, 2014 from 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. To register, visit http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2014-december-london-building-a-private-or-hybrid-paas-with-apache-stratos-workshop/.
WSO2 delivers on the promise of the connected business with the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate and manage their APIs, applications, and Web services on-premises, in the cloud, and on mobile devices. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust governance and DevOps functionality for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed..
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.