Free Webinar on March 22, 2012 Explores Managed APIs and the Roles of an API Storefront, API Management, and API Governance in Implementing an Effective API Strategy Palo Alto, CA – March 14, 2012 – Today APIs are more than just another integration interface. Managed APIs can provide a door into an enterprise’s business capabilities, enabling new opportunities for monetization by extending processes and services to customers and partners. WSO2 will offer IT professionals insights and best practices for implementing an effective API strategy in a webinar entitled, “APIs and Beyond.” The webinar will be presented jointly by Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO, and Chris Haddad, WSO2 vice president of technology evangelism. The free one-hour webinar is being held on Thursday, March 22, from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EST. For more information, visit http://wso2.com/library/webinars/2012/03/apis-beyond. Implementing an Effective API Strategy Together, Paul and Chris will explore how API management enables developers to rapidly find, subscribe to, and evaluate APIs. The webinar also will cover how API management benefits API providers by securing, protecting and monitoring API resource interactions. Additionally, the session will examine how organizations go beyond foundational use cases to address API lifecycle development activities, monetize API assets, and offer personalized behavior across multiple business channels. Webinar topics will include:
- The benefits of an API strategy.
- What to consider when starting out adding APIs.
- Why an API storefront, API management, and API governance are essential to an effective API strategy.
- How to rapidly on-board new API developers and assist their API evaluation process.
- How to easily personalize API behavior and reach new distribution channels.
- An action plan for successfully building, publishing, governing, configuring and monetizing APIs.
- How the WSO2 API Management Platform builds on WSO2’s award-winning enterprise middleware platform.