Webinar will review significant technology developments in 2013 for the Web, cloud, APIs, DevOps and mobile, along with WSO2’s product strategy and roadmap for 2014
Palo Alto, CA – December 9, 2013
– As 2013 comes to a close, enterprise architects and software developers are looking ahead with plans for the new year’s IT projects. In support of this planning, WSO2 Vice President of Engineering Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar (Shankar) will lead a technical webinar designed to provide current customers, as well as IT professionals who have been evaluating WSO2’s middleware platforms for their on-premise and cloud deployments, an update on future direction.
The one-hour technical webinar, “WSO2 Year End Technical Update Webinar,” will run Wednesday, December 18, from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. PST. To learn more, visit http://wso2.com/library/webinars/2013/12/wso2-year-end-technical-update-webinar .
WSO2 Vision and Roadmap for 2014
In the webinar, Shankar will discuss new products introduced over the past year, including WSO2 App Factory, WSO2 User Engagement Server, and WSO2 Enterprise Store.
Shankar also will review technical advancements in 2013 within the WSO2 Carbon enterprise middleware platform and WSO2’s platform as a service (PaaS) offerings, such as:
- WSO2’s new caching and clustering implementation.
- Improvements in Carbon Application (CApp) artifact deployments.
- Multi-tenancy support in WSO2 API Manager.
- New features and improved performance in WSO2 Complex Event Processor (CEP).
- Enhancements in WSO2 Identity Server, including multiple user store support and other new features.
- Enhancements to WSO2 Governance Registry, including support for Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) and other new features.
- New capabilities in WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), including connector architecture and other new features.
- Cartridge-based architecture introduced to WSO2’s PaaS foundation in 2013.
Shankar then will provide insight into WSO2’s technical plans for 2014, including WSO2 Private PaaS (formerly WSO2 Stratos), WSO2’s support of Apache Stratos (incubating) based on code donated by WSO2, WSO2Mobile Enterprise Mobility Platform (currently in Alpha), and WSO2 Carbon 5.
About the Presenter
Leading the webinar will be Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar (Shankar), WSO2 vice president of engineering. Shankar focuses on the WSO2 PaaS and WSO2 Carbon enterprise middleware kernel. He also has worked on the interoperability of Axis2/C and the WSO2 Web Services Framework. Additionally, Shankar has provided technology consulting on customer engagements, including cloud, enterprise service bus, governance, and mobile integration solutions.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed..