Workshop will examine how to reshape IT architecture and accelerate business agility using cloud-aware APIs, applications and an enterprise DevOps PaaS
Palo Alto, CA – June 11, 2013 – WSO2 today announced that WSO2 Vice President of Technology Evangelism Chris Haddad will lead a workshop at GigaOm Structure 2013, “Achieve Business Agility with Cloud APIs, Cloud-Aware Apps, and Cloud DevOps PaaS. WSO2 is a Primetime Sponsor of the GigaOm Structure conference, which is being held June 19-20, 2013 at the Mission Bay Conference Center at UCSF in San Francisco.
Achieving Business Agility with Cloud-Enabled Solutions
Increasingly, application development teams are seeking to change the business-IT dynamic by transforming software delivery into an agile, on-demand application environment. In this workshop, Chris will examine how organizations are taking advantage of flexible cloud-native architecture to compose APIs into business-driven, cloud-aware solutions. Additionally, he will explore how to optimize API-first practices, remix cloud services, and accelerate business agility using an enterprise DevOps platform as a service (PaaS).
- Time: 3:40-4:25 p.m. on Wednesday, June 19, 2013
- Location: Conference Room 4, Level 2, Mission Bay Conference Center at UCSF
Many of the concepts that Chris will examine in the workshop are introduced in a white paper he recently developed, “The Path to Responsive IT.” The paper can be downloaded at http://wso2.com/whitepapers/the-path-to-responsive-it.
About the Presenter
Chris Haddad is WSO2 vice president of technology evangelism, who works closely with developers, architects, and C-level executives to increase WSO2 technology adoption, improve the middleware platform, and maximize customer value. Prior to joining WSO2, Chris led research teams as a research vice president at the Burton Group and Gartner advising Fortune 500 enterprise organizations and technology infrastructure vendors.
Open Approaches to API Management, DevOps and the Cloud
The WSO2 booth at GigaOm Structure will have cloud, API management, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture (SOA) experts available to share best practices for:
- Building applications that can seamlessly and smoothly migrate between local servers, public clouds, private clouds, and cloud hybrid environments.
- Using DevOps and API management to take advantage of new opportunities for monetization and ecosystem development by extending processes and services to customers, partners, and other groups within the organization.
- Enabling the robust life cycle management, governance and collaboration to continuously create develop and deploy enterprise applications into cloud environments.
- Encouraging adoption and reuse through the deployment of an intuitive Apple or Google Marketplace-like storefront that lets developers easily subscribe to and consume APIs, applications and gadgets.
About GigaOm Structure 2013
GigaOm Structure 2013 is focused on cloud to clear strategy, highlighting how real-time business needs are shaping IT architectures. The conference will examine how hyper-distributed infrastructure will extend businesses beyond the four walls of a traditional data center, and how the cloud tomorrow will look completely different from everything that’s come before. For more information, visit http://event.gigaom.com/structure.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed..