WSO2 will provide enterprise architects and software developers with an introduction to proven SOA and cloud best practices for achieving agility in a dynamic one-day workshop, “Energizing Your Business with SOA and Cloud.”
- Boston, October 18, at the Royal Sonesta Hotel Boston.
- New York, October 20, at the Downtown Conference Center.
- Washington, D.C., October 22, at the Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport.
Each one-day workshop will run 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The cost is only $150 per person to attend. To register, visit http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2010-oct-usa-soa-workshop. SOA and Cloud: Demos Bring Key Concepts to Life
Leading the workshop will be SOA experts Samisa Abeysinghe, WSO2 vice president of engineering and a publisher of two books on PHP best practices; Jonathan Marsh , WSO2 vice president of business development and a key contributor to the development of many XML and Web services standards; and Asanka Abeysinghe, WSO2 director of solutions architecture and an Apache committer. They will introduce the key concepts of SOA,including modeling or refactoring systems as a set of services that can adapt and evolve to meet changing business conditions. They will also provide attendees some common building blocks and patterns that are crucial to an SOA architect’s tool chest. The lively and practical sessions will include brief demonstrations of a sample application using the WSO2 Carbon family middleware products and WSO2 Stratos cloud middleware platform.
SOA workshop session topics will include:
- Architecture—Planning for Flexibility: provides a brief refresher on the core practices of SOA and their emergence as a set of solutions to the problems of Internet-scale application development, deployment, and management.
- Services—Laying the Cornerstone: explains how to apply core service interfaces to processes, information sources, databases,and legacy systems. Includes a demo of the WSO2 Web Services Application Server, WSO2 Data Services Server, and WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus.
- Governance and Security: provides governance techniques and technologies, along with policy-based identity and security management, and effective monitoring of the system. Includes a demo of the WSO2 Governance Registry, WSO2 Identity Server,and WSO2 Business Activity Monitor.
- Business Processes and Portals—Interfacing with Real People : illustrates how to maximize business leverage by connecting SOA services to the business through executable business processes and giving visibility to key performance indicators through mashups and dashboards. Includes a demo of the WSO2 Business Process Server,WSO2 Mashup Server,and WSO2 Gadget Server.
- De-mystifying the Cloud: sorts through the hype to explain the concepts behind software-as-a-service (SaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS), infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) as well as the differences between public, private and hybrid clouds.This session also discusses how a clean SOA is a prerequisite to getting the most out of cloud technologies. Includes a demo of WSO2 Stratos.
- The Perfect Project—Development and Deployment Advice : examines the successes and failures of enterprise projects and looks at why agile development methodologies are emerging as the preferred way to execute SOA projects.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information,visit http://wso2.com and the WSO2 OxygenTank developer portal at http://wso2.org, or check out WSO2 on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Planet WSO2and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.