Last Friday, March 24 and this Wednesday, March 29 we have rolled out updates to WSO2 Device Cloud.
The new features and fixes include:
- Ability to use Android emulator instead of a real device:
- Improved device location map rendering,
- Ability to rename devices,
- Role filtering,
- Agent distributed and updated through Google Play Store.
Unfortunately, the previous version of the device cloud agent is not compatible with the changes that were made.
Therefore, if you installed the agent before March 24th, you need to reinstall it:
- Uninstall WSO2 Agent application from devices: Settings / Applications / WSO2 Agent / Uninstall. (Note: If the Uninstall button is grayed out, revoke the administrative rights granted to the application. This is typically done in Settings / Security / Device Administrator but might vary depending on your device model and operating system version.)
- Install the new agent by scanning the QR code or following the Get it on Google Play link on WSO2 Device Cloud / Devices / Add / Android – these will take you to the Google Play Store where you can get the new agent.
- When you start the agent, make sure to use the Organization Name and Username listed on that page (scroll down the enrollment page for the instructions).
Now, as the agent is distributed via Google Play Store, we manage the agent updates through it. Therefore, you do not need to manually re-install the agent in the future.