You’ve heard the benefits of managed APIs when enterprises extend their data, processes and services out to customers and partners via APIs. Consumer self-service, automated key management, and monetization opportunities are just a few of them.
But have your considered API management as a strategic component within your SOA initiatives?
Ten years after the rise of SOA, many enterprises have identified and published services as shared assets, however teams and partners often continue to invest considerable time and resources when building new solutions. Many teams experience rapid portfolio proliferation and sprawl, but not enhanced portfolio efficiency or business agility. Achieving business agility requires the growth of development partnerships and interactions, which should span both internal and external teams.
The WSO2 API Manager enables your internal development teams to extend data, processes and services across projects, departments, or divisions. Using WSO2 API Manager, your teams will be able to:
- Establish their own API marketplace and promote APIs
- Manage the API across lifecycle phases and enforce API Governance best practices
- Use the API Store and OAuth 2.0 key model to self-subscribe applications, authorize subscribed applications, and provide a self-service key management and revocation environment.
- Deploy a composable and componentized platform architecture enabling extreme scalability, flexible deployment configuration, and feature expansion.
To learn more about internal API services adoption download the recently published white paper - “Promoting service reuse within your enterprise and maximizing SOA success”
If you still need help to get going, consider our special APIStart package.
- Chris Haddad, WSO2 Technology Evangelist