Systems Engineer - DevOps
WSO2 is a fast growing technology company creating innovative products for Service Oriented Architectures (SOA). A global corporation with offices in the US, UK and Sri lanka, WSO2 provides world class services around its cutting edge middleware platform.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to work with the team in supporting WSO2 Developer Operations. This includes managing the Public Cloud infrastructure, implement tools to automate operations work and support with Continuous Delivery efforts . As this is a varied and complex role, we expect a high level of interest to learn and implement new technologies.
Other main responsibilities
- Analyzing logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Performing backups and routine audits.
- Applying system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.
- Ensuring that the Cloud deployments are fail-proof.
Required skills and experience
- Computer Science Graduate with 1 to 2 years of experience.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Open Source software.
- Comprehensive understanding of "Unix-like" Systems.
- Familiarity with AWS and/or Azure platforms.
- Experience with performance management, monitoring and problem identification & resolution.
- Knowledge & Experience in Virtualization/Cloud technologies.
- Sound scripting and language skills. bash with perl/python/ruby is a must.
- The ability to be able to troubleshoot complex technical problems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changing environments.
- Assist the team leaders with technical and administrative tasks.
- work unsupervised on several activities concurrently, taking ownership and prioritizing accordingly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.