Hello Everybody,

we try to setup the WSO2 WSF/PHP 2.0.0 component on our exsting Webserver to consume a Secure Webservice in the Internet. For that reason I prepared a testenvironment, which is similar to our productiv environment (Virtual Machine with openSuSE 11.0, Apache 2.2.11, PHP 5.2.9).

We modified the signing sample client script (/samples/security/signing/client.php) to consume the existing webservice (Apache Tomcat environment as far as I know). For the testing period, we're using the sample certificates (alice and bob) which are delivered with WSF/PHP. (The webservice server also uses these certificates).

If we now try to send a request to the webservice, the exception handler throws following error:
Soap Fault: The signature or decryption was invalid

So I searched for a reason for this. I installed a second environment (similiar to the first, but now a physical machine), which triggers the same error.

So I talked to the webservice provider, who already also set up an PHP environment for testing purposes - successfully. But he used Windows on his site. I asked him to send me his script, which was also the signing sample with a few modifications and I installed a Windows environment too. And voila it worked!

Very strange, because I used the same versions of Apache (2.2.11), PHP (5.2.6 and 5.2.6-2), WSF/PHP (2.0.0), openSSL (OpenSSL 0.9.8g on Linux and OpenSSL 0.9.8i on Windows).

Our customer wants us to use Linux, so a migration is not possible for us.

Do you have an idea, what the reason could be?

Best Regards