[Carbon-dev] Authz Manager - How to check if an action is denied?

Amila Suriarachchi amila at wso2.com
Fri Jan 28 21:21:47 PST 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Danushka Menikkumbura
<danushka at wso2.com>wrote:

> How to check if a given action is denied on a given resource using the
> Carbon authz manager?.
>
> isAuthorized == false does not necessarily mean it is denied IMO.

It means action is denied. In security if it is not authorized that means
denied.

> The default behaviour is to deny?

The default behavior is determined by the application it uses. if the
application thinks by default authorize
it has to inform that to authorization manager.

In creating topics, we have to explicitly authorize any role to subscribe
and publish by default.

thanks,
Amila.