[Carbon-dev] Include datasources provider port configuration inside carbon.xml instead of having it in multiple places

Thilini Ishaka thilini at wso2.com
Fri Jul 1 00:39:47 EDT 2011

Hi All,

For this  https://wso2.org/jira/browse/CARBON-10569 improvement, we have
added following configuration to carbon.xml.
What it does is, overriding datasources JNDIproviderPort defined in bps.xml
( <tns:JNDI
contextFactory="com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory" *
providerURL="rmi://localhost:2199"/>*) and datasources.properties (*
synapse.datasources.providerPort=2199*) files.

Please note this is not a BPS specific configuration thus it would not be an
overhead.
By default we have commented out this configuration in carbon.xml
By uncommenting it, we can take the advantage of port offsetting and just
required to change *JNDIProviderPort *defined in carbon.xml when running
multiple server instances.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         <Ports>

* <!-- *
*             Override datasources JNDIproviderPort defined in bps.xml and
datasources.properties files*
* -->*
* <!--<JNDIProviderPort>2199</JNDIProviderPort>-->*
* *
* *   </Ports>

Kindly appreciate a feedback if something to be noted in this regard.

Thank you

*Regards,*

--
*Thilini Ishaka*