[Carbon-dev] Fw: Hello World Gadget doesn't work

Xue-Feng Yang just4look at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 08:20:39 PST 2011

Good. We are not alone.

________________________________
From: Guillaume Devianne <gdevianne at gmail.com>
To: carbon-dev at wso2.org
Cc: Xue-Feng Yang <just4look at yahoo.com>; Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva at wso2.com>
Sent: Fri, March 4, 2011 10:08:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Carbon-dev] Fw: Hello World Gadget doesn't work

Xue-Feng, Brad, Sanjiva

I am a wso2 advocate and add wso2 products wherever and whenever it fits.
People trust what i say about it but they only trust "me" to implement it.
Most people in the teams I have worked with have looked at wso2 products and,
because they could not get through their scenario, they call me to implement or
they discard it and use alternatives. (on top of this, i leave in a
spanish speaking country and the understanding of english is not good in the IT
world)

I find that the only product that got real adoption from everyone (management,
developers, operation teams) is the DataService Server.
It adds value by organizing data access, speeding development of
data connectors for specific projects, separating DBA concerns from developers
concerns,...
So the concept is easy to understand and the scenarios and samples are easy to
follow and implement.
I use to have the gui breaking my work so, I usually stay in the source when
adding new ds.

Other products are for experienced professionals that must embrace the full WSO2
SOA concept, digest it and promote it.
Once that got to that point, they decide to get a proof of concept done and face
what you describe.

I must say that the wso2 products i use DO WELL what they are supposed to do but
it is difficult to understand correctly how to make them do it.

Cheers,

Guillaume

Hi Sanjiva,