[Carbon-dev] Classpath order in the embedded Tomcat

Indika Kumara indika at wso2.com
Mon Mar 7 07:19:52 PST 2011

Hi All,

A user query at [http://wso2.org/forum/thread/11538].  An excerpt from the
query. Maybe a valid use case we have to consider.

I've deployed a webapp on WSO2 ESB, exploding a war in the webapps
directory. It seems to work but there is a classpath problem, because
WSO2_HOME/lib seems to have precedence over myapp/WEB-INF/lib. *This is not
compliant with Tomcat standard beahviour (
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html).* Is that
correct?* It is very dangerous, because with this behaviour many web
applications designed for Tomcat can have problems due to jars overlap in
WSO2_HOME/lib. *Is there way to reset the original Tomcat behavior?

Thanks,

Indika