[Carbon-dev] [Architecture] Making Shindig apart of Carbon Core UI

Nuwan Bandara nuwan at wso2.com
Sat Sep 17 10:48:21 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Yes I do understand that most products still dont have a clear vision of
having a dashboard in their products. But I do believe the ability to embed
gadgets in any of the pages will come in handy in many cases. With this
feature even AS uses can create WebApps that can embed gadgets and install
them in AS.

I proposed this to be added to the core-ui is simply because this will
enrich our UI and provide a pluggable architecture at the UI level. I do
understand the concern about the size and will work more on making it
smaller. However I believe if we just make it an installable feature, *no
one will develop a UI component* with it, simply because to make it working
you will have to install an extra feature.

Regards,
/Nuwan