Logs are an important part of troubleshooting and WSO2 API Cloud has long had a live log viewer giving you access to what is going on in your cloud API gateway. Today we are happy to announce that we have also added the ability to download historical logs (older than 30 minutes).
To access your historical logs:
1. In API Cloud, click the Configure / Admin Dashboard menu.
2. In Admin Dashboard, navigate to Log Analyzer / Download Logs and pick the date for which you need the log files:
3. In a few minutes, API Cloud will give you a link to a zip archive with your logs. Go ahead and download the zip right away – the link automatically expires in about 5 minutes.
This new feature is available at no additional cost and with no extra configuration to all customers at subscription levels Medium and higher.
Agile development of production APIs requires their inclusion in the Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) process:
- Merge the implementation into a shared repository and have it automatically verified,
- Automated pipeline deploying the changes into multiple environments such as test, staging, pre-production, production.
WSO2 API Cloud is fully automatable via APIs including API export and import, and other configuration aspects. This makes it easy to integrate API Cloud-based gateway into whatever CI/CD platform you are using.
Also, in most cases, you would want you CI/CD process for APIs to be a part of the process that you have for API backend implementation. This ensures that these two evolve consistently.
While all platforms are different, we have published a reference implementation that uses GitHub as the code repository, Travis as the CI/CD platform, and WSO2 Integration Cloud as the backend hosting platform:
Check it out, adapt to your process, and let us know what you think!