We recently announced the addition of two new directors to the WSO2 board: Roman Stanek founder and CEO of GoodData, and Tyler Jewell, the founder and CEO of Codenvy and a venture partner with Toba Capital. Collectively bringing more than 35 years of technology leadership in cloud, service-oriented architecture (SOA), and enterprise software, they will play an instrumental role in helping us execute on our vision of enabling the connected enterprise.
But here are 8 things you probably didn’t know about WSO2
- Flora Ariyapala is the oldest employee still in the Company. She has been with WSO2 since its inception in 2005 and currently serves as a Senior Assistant Operations Officer.
- WSO2 Tungsten 1.0 was the very first product to be released in May 2006. The product has come a long way since then and is now called WSO2 Application Server. Her is a blog post by Afkham Azeez, one of the initial contributors about the first release.
- Over the last year alone, WSO2 released over 40 product versions in total.
- WSO2 has employees located in 8 different cities around the world.
- The WSO2 Hockey team won the Mercantile D Division Hockey Tournament in Sri Lanka this year. Various teams take part in different competitions from basketball to bowling.
- WSO2 conducted 50 webinars in the last 6 months.
- WSO2 has recorded 100% year-on-year revenue growth in the past several years.
- This month we celebrate 8 years of delivering next-generation platforms based on 100% open-source, integrated, customizable and high-performance middleware for the cloud, API management, integration, application development and more.