Lights, music, dance and of course technology magic took center stage as we kicked off WSO2Con US 2015 today.
In his keynote, Sanjiva Weerawarana, CEO, Founder and Chief Architect of WSO2 spoke about how WSO2 helps you connect your world. Touching on the lessons learnt over the last ten years, he reviewed how new and upcoming products designed to work together within WSO2’s holistic platform are harnessing the power of analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, cloud, containers, microservices, and business processes, among others.
Here’s a summary of the new products announced…
Analytics Everywhere – WSO2 Data Analytics Server (WSO2 DAS) 3.0 addresses the demand for enhancing customer and partner interactions, identifying new business models, anticipating and preventing security breaches and technology failures, and improving operations, all through big data analytics. It combines into one integrated, high-performance platform real-time and batch analysis of data with predictive analytics via machine learning to support the multiple demands of mobile, Web, cloud, and IoT-based apps. Significantly, WSO2 DAS also is being incorporated into the next generation of WSO2’s products, including API management, IoT and mobility management, business process management (BPM), and governance, among others.
Mobility and the Internet of Things – WSO2 DAS 3.0 and the WSO2 integration platform, including WSO2 Message Broker 3.0, WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (WSO2 ESB) 4.9, WSO2 Business Process Server (WSO2 BPS 3.5), and WSO2 Data Services Server (WSO2 DSS) 3.5. has been optimized for IoT. There are also two products to specifically address IoT and mobility demands, which are scheduled to launch in late Q4 2015/early Q1 2016.
- WSO2 IoT Server is a comprehensive server for implementing an IoT architecture, including the management of IoT devices, APIs and applications.
- WSO2 Enterprise Mobility Manager is being re-architected to use WSO2 CDMF and incorporates mobile device plugins along with functionality for mobile application and API management derived from WSO2 App Manager 2.0 and WSO2 API Manager 1.9, respectively, as well as analytics from WSO2 DAS 3.0.
Containers and the Cloud – WSO2 is migrating its cloud platforms from the Apache Stratos platform-as-a-service (PaaS) framework to a Kubernetes framework to achieve greater agility and scalability, as well as better resource utilization.
The Move to Leaner IT and Microservices – IT organizations require software that can support today’s demands for high scalability while also remaining lean enough to run in highly distributed and diverse environments. WSO2 is addressing these architectural shifts with three product developments that are scheduled to launch in Q4 2015.
- WSO2 Carbon Version 5.0 features a composable server architecture with a leaner footprint, and it removes tight coupling with legacy libraries, such as Axis2 and XML.
- WSO2 Gateway is a new ultra high performance, lightweight and configuration-driven message gateway based on standard gateway patterns.
- WSO2 Microservices Server is a fast, lightweight runtime engine which provides a simple way to develop, deploy and monitor microservices.
The “Consumerization” of IT – The online consumer experience is raising the bar on users’ expectations for enterprise systems. WSO2 is helping IT organizations address this demand by providing the ability to provision and manage enterprise assets—such as APIs, applications, services, among others—through socially enabled consumer store-like capabilities. Among new and forthcoming products:
- WSO2 Enterprise Store 2.0 is the first complete platform for managing and provisioning any type of asset—applications, APIs, gadgets, e-books and other resources—across the entire enterprise asset life cycle.
- WSO2 Governance Registry 5.0 provides comprehensive, out-of-the-box support for a range of governance and life-cycle management scenarios.
- WSO2 Dashboard Server 2.0, the new release of the previously named WSO2 User Engagement Server is scheduled to launch in Q1 2016. It will further enhance the ability of users to build dashboards, microsites and gadgets using internal or third-party data resources, as well as share them among authenticated or anonymous users across the enterprise.
- WSO2 Process Center 1.0, scheduled to launch in Q2 2016, is powered by WSO2 Enterprise Store functionality, and makes it easy for anyone in the enterprise to document and discover processes—from simple Word documents to sophisticated Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) or Business Process Execution Language (BPEL) flows.