One of the things we spoke about at WSO2Con this year was the expansion of our WSO2 public Cloud offerings. One of those offerings is WSO2 Identity Cloud, which provides the Identity and Access Management (IAM) solution from our well-known WSO2 Identity Server with the ease of use of a cloud service.
Our Initial offering is focused on providing Single Sign-On (SSO) solutions for organizations. Almost all organizations use different applications, either developed in-house or hosted applications like Salesforce and Concur. Having a centralized authentication system with SSO for all the applications increases the efficiency of maintaining systems, centralize monitoring and company security, while also making users’ lives easier.
What are the features offered by WSO2 Identity Cloud?
- Single Sign-On support with authentication standards – SAML-2.0, OpenID Connect, and WS-Federation.
- Admin portal provided for organization administrators to log in and configure security for applications. Pre-defined templates of security configurations are available by default for most popular SaaS apps. This list includes Salesforce, Concur, Zuora, GotoMeeting, Netsuite, AWS.
- On-premise-user-store agent. Organizations can connect local LDAPs with Identity Cloud (without sharing LDAP credentials with Identity Cloud) and let users in the LDAP to access applications with SSO.
- Identity Gateway. Act as a simple application proxy that intercepts application requests and applies security checks.
- User portal. Provides a central location for the users of an organization to log in and discover applications, while applications can be accessed with single sign-on.
Why you should go for a Cloud solution?
If you have following concerns, then a cloud solution is the best fit for you.
- Facilitating infrastructure – you don’t have to spend money on additional infrastructure with the Cloud solution.
- System maintenance difficulties – If you do an on-premise deployment, then there should be a dedicated team allocated to ensure the availability of the system and troubleshoot issues; with the Cloud solution, the WSO2 Cloud team will take care of such things.
- Timelines – Identity Cloud is tested, stable solution. This will cut down the deployment finalizing and testing times that you should spend on an on-premise deployment.
With all of this comes cost savings, especially because there’s no cost involved for infrastructure or maintenance with the cloud solution.
You can register for WSO2 Identity Cloud and try out for free – http://wso2.com/cloud/ and give us your feedback on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.