I’m excited to announce the newest release of the WSO2 API Manager as it introduces two industry firsts. Featuring full native multi-tenancy, The WSO2 API Manager is:
- The first API management product that can run on servers, in a private cloud, public cloud or hybrid cloud environment—all from the same software.
- The first API management product that enables federated access to APIs across multiple entities, enabling new models for organizations to collaborate and monetize APIs.
The 100% open source WSO2 API Manager offers an API Store, for IT organizations to set up their own Apple or Google Marketplace-like store where developers can easily subscribe to and consume APIs. And also provides API publishers with complete API lifecycle governance—from creating to publishing, deprecating and retiring APIs—as well as analytics and metrics to support decision-making and enforce service-level agreement (SLA) policies. Do download the latest version and let us know what you think.
You can also join Chris Haddad from WSO2 and guest presenter, API Evangelist Kin Lane, in a webinar next week as they talk about API branding strategies. They will discuss
- Why you should create an API brand
- What actions and presence influences API brand success
- How to efficiently promote APIs through multiple branded API portals
I’m sure you would not want to miss out on this one!
– Sumedha Rubasinghe is a Senior Architect at WSO2 and leads the WSO2 API Manager team. He blogs at http://sumedha.blogspot.com