In Q1 2019, we released the WSO2 Certified Sales Professional certification exclusively for our partners.
What is WSO2 Certified Sales Professional?
A certification for individuals on how to position and sell WSO2 offerings. If you belong to a partner organization and sell WSO2 products, you need to make sure this certification is on your short-term to-do list.
Why do we have a sales certification?
We want to
- Enable current or potential sellers of WSO2 products to provide the best quality experience
- Maintain the same sales knowledge and skill level among all those selling WSO2 products
- Maintain the same standard and quality of sales for customers buying WSO2 products
How do we propose to test this?
We want to ensure that the test covers the theoretical knowledge as well as the practical aspects related to making a sale. In order to do this, the exam will consist of a multiple choice paper and a practical examination.
The multiple choice question paper will cover the following areas:
- Presenting the WSO2 Story
- WSO2 Value Proposition
- Product Overviews
- Positioning WSO2 Versus Competitors
- Sales Operations
- Objection Handling
- Subscription Structure
- Deployment Options and Pricing Methods
- Partner Program
The practical exam will consist of the candidates making a presentation and answering interview questions based on a scenario.
What’s in it for you?
Once certified, you will be able to prove to the world that you are among the best sales personnel for WSO2 products. Just as we’ve listed out at Why become WSO2 Certified?, certification gives you the platform to prove your skills to yourself and others, gives you a chance to learn the best techniques to sell WSO2 products and sharpen your sales skills while preparing for the exam, and gives you a competitive edge, thereby increasing your employability.
How do I prepare for this test?
Log in to the partner portal where we have some learning material from our partner bootcamp.
Already a partner and ready to do the test?
Sign up for the exam on the partner portal today!
Want to check out our other certifications?
Have a look at WSO2 Certification.
Need more information?
Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the world of integration where things keep moving at breakneck speed, it can be a little difficult to keep up with the latest. That’s why we offer training at WSO2 to facilitate learning our products.
Currently, we offer three different types of training at WSO2: Self-Paced Learning, Online Instructor-Led Training, and Onsite Instructor-Led Training.
Self-paced learning is the most common form of training used by our customers. We share all our training material for free at https://wso2.com/training, and you can simply download and work on it at your own pace.
We also provide a learning-management system at http://lms.wso2.com/. This material is similar to what we have on our site but is optimized for self-paced learning.
- Free of charge
- Work on it at your own pace, whenever you have time
- Carving out time for this can be a challenge
- If you run into issues, you need to figure it out yourself
- Only standard training topics are covered
Online Instructor-led Training
Our trainers can conduct training sessions for you using online meeting software. The trainer will share his/her screen and demonstrate the functionality in webinar style. A training session is typically 3-4 hours, and the number of sessions depends on the topics covered. The trainees can try out the hands-on exercises on their own as homework.
- Costs less than onsite training
- More interactive than self-paced training
- Get your questions answered in real time
- You can cover the standard topics as self-paced training and request instructor-led training for selected topics that you find difficult to figure out on your own
- Less support for hands-on exercises than onsite training
- Less individual attention than onsite training, as sharing the trainees’ screen is not recommended because it will disrupt the training
- Difficult for highly customized topics
- Connectivity and audio/video issues can cause delays and disruptions
Onsite Instructor-led Training
Onsite instructor-led training can be arranged at your premises as required. This is the most highly effective form of training. Training topics can be fit into 8-hour work days, and the number of days depends on the topics covered.
- Face-to-face interaction ensures a better training experience
- More support for hands-on exercises, as there will be a lab assistant in addition to the main trainer
- Get questions answered in real time
- Suitable for highly customized trainings where the trainer is given your use cases in advance. The trainer provides a customized agenda and is prepared to answer questions relevant to your specific use cases.
- Costs more than online training
No matter which approach you choose, WSO2 training provides a fast and effective way for you to get up to speed on our products. To learn more, visit us at wso2.com/training.
We at WSO2 offer a certification program for partners, customers, and just about anyone who is an expert at our products. Our certification program is relatively new, but as the products rise in popularity, the number of exam registrations keep increasing at a steady rate making it more competitive. Currently, we offer certifications for three products and also a certification exam for Solutions Architects.
What can WSO2 certification do for you?
- Certification gives you the platform to prove your skills to yourself and others
Have you worked on WSO2 API Manager for many years and can write extensions in your sleep? Certification provides the perfect opportunity to verify the skills you already have and prove to the world that you are an expert. Our products solve complex problems and are not the easiest to master, and you will have the satisfaction of knowing that your IT skills are up-to-date and in demand.
- Certification forces you to dig deep into the product
You may have downloaded our products and tried out a few tutorials. But you may not have been able to motivate yourself to spend more time to master the product. The most effective way to learn something is to prepare for a test!
If you register for certification, you will need to go through the self-learning material, navigate the documentation, dig deep into the code, and learn the product well enough to answer the questions. You will discover exciting features that you didn’t know existed. What’s more, our exams are open-book, which means you get to read and learn about the product even while doing the test!
- Certification gives you a competitive edge over your colleagues and increases your employability
Certification is an investment in your career. If you are already employed at a company that uses WSO2, you are proving to your employers that you are serious about your work. Who knows, this might be exactly what you need to bargain for your next promotion! If you are searching for a job, a WSO2 certification will give a boost to your CV.
If you are a developer who has been working with our products for a while, it doesn’t matter if you are working for a customer or partner or on your own—go ahead and register for our certification. If you are new to WSO2 products, check out our resources, learn on your own, or request on-site or online training, prepare some more, and go ahead and take the test!