Location: São Paulo, Brazil
WSO2 is looking for a customer focused Account Manager to be based in São Paulo, Brazil. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written English skills, delight in interpersonal interaction, and be highly motivated and conscientious. WSO2 Account Managers are not your typical sales associates. Since WSO2 is open source, customers have a large ability to discover, assess, and use our products without high-pressure sales tactics. Instead, members of our Account Managers focus on building strategic customer relationships, understanding customers’ business needs, and building a strong connection between our customers and the WSO2 team.
As an Account Manager, you will contribute to the region's growth. You will help build the pipeline and nurture accounts, be responsible for the overall health of customer relationships, help customers find the right information, education, advice, and suitable engagement model, and enable the efficient procurement of the services that will lead the customer to achieve their business goals. You will work closely with your customers as a trusted advisor to deeply understand their unique company challenges and goals.
Here are some of the responsibilities you will have:
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams on lead quality and conversion.
- Identify and create new qualified opportunities from inbound leads.
- Overcome customer objections to generate quality opportunities.
- Work cross functionally with other areas of the company such as legal, finance, and marketing.
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications to increase customer interest in WSO2 solutions.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map WSO2 features and associated business benefits to address their needs.
- Work with the marketing team and partners to develop creative programs and events that will build, grow, and manage the pipeline.
- Establish consultative and trusted relationships with WSO2 customers.
- Understand customers’ business goals and translate them into execution plans.
You must like a bit of adventure too - the WSO2 sales team is split between Latin America, the US, Europe, Australia, and Sri Lanka. We visit customers and hold events around the world, the ability to interact with people of all nationalities is a must and you must be willing to travel nationally and internationally. The entry-level position offers an excellent opportunity for fresh graduates to join the team with advancement based entirely on merit - not seniority.
WSO2’s business model is about finding winning partnerships with the customer. We take pride in our honest and well-aligned business model built on open source licensing, reliable advice, expert services, and transparent pricing.
- This is an entry-level position (1-3 years experience required).
- University degree - the area isn’t as important as your curiosity and ability to see things through.
- Experience in sales and account management would be an added advantage. We are looking for someone with skills in consultative selling, prospecting, objection handling, and result-driven.
- Sense of ownership and responsibility but at the same time a team player with strong business acumen.
- Must be a self-starter and carry tasks with minimal supervision and present results in a clear and efficient manner.
- Adaptable to change and comfortable working in this environment.
- Strategic thinker with a competitive spirit.
- Ability to communicate effectively by email, tele- and video conferences, in-person 1-1, and at larger events.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Fluency in English is a must, fluency in Spanish a plus.
In Addition to a Competitive Compensation Package, WSO2 Offers:
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work and flexibility.
- Freedom to work remotely at times.
- A flexible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs.
- Health, dental, and life insurance for you and your family.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.