Careers - United Kingdom
Account Management (Sales) - Lead
At WSO2, we are driven to help developers innovate faster by making it easier to integrate and program the world’s disaggregated scale architectures, all using open source technology. Today we are the world’s #1 open source integration vendor, offering a platform that enables businesses to integrate, manage, and govern any API, data or system — on-premises or in the cloud. Enterprises and governments across the world rely on WSO2’s consulting and subscriptions that accelerate the evolution of any digital native initiative.
WSO2’s business model is about finding winning partnerships with the customer, and we take pride in our honest and well-aligned business model built on open source licensing, reliable advice, expert services, and transparent pricing. We measure our success on the customer’s ability to reach their goals, not the size of a sale.
Our Account Managers are not typical sales associates. Since WSO2 is open source, customers have a large ability to discover, assess, and use our products without high-pressure sales tactics. Instead, our Account Managers focus on building strategic customer relationships, understanding customer’s business needs, and building a strong connection between our customer and WSO2 teams. Our Account Managers are responsible for the overall health of the relationship, helping customers find the right information, education, advice, suitable engagement model, and enabling the efficient procurement of the services that will lead the customer to achieve their business goals.
We’re currently looking for Account Managers to join our team. As part of our UK sales team, you will manage a group of Account Managers and drive the sales for this region. Candidates must have excellent verbal and written English skills, have a knack for interpersonal interactions, be highly motivated and conscientious. You must like a bit of adventure too - our sales team is split between US, Europe, and APAC and we visit customers and host events around the world. The ability to interact with people of all nationalities is a must, and the willingness to travel locally and internationally is part of the job!
The ideal candidate would be expected to:
- Manage multiple accounts and develop positive working relationships with all customer touch points.
- Drive client retention, renewals, upsells, and client satisfaction.
- Strategize and communicate multi-year contracts with top tier accounts within the region.
- Have experience in sales. Experience in enterprise technology sales would be an added benefit.
- Have good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Have good communication and presentation skills.
- Manage and contribute to strategic account relationships and high touch sales efforts.
- Deliver on annual and quarterly revenue targets for your team. Proven track record of achieving/exceeding sales targets. Continuous reporting and forecasting for territory.
- Create and run go-to-marketing strategy for your territory, working with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to perform in an open, collaborative, dynamic. and changing environment.
- Ability to communicate the company’s vision and strategy discussed with the Regional GM.
- Contribute to sales operations, improving processes and sales tools.
Additional skills (optional)
- Experience in managing minimum of 2-3 people. Proven management skills to recruit, develop, and coach individual account managers and sales reps.
- Ability to motivate a team of dynamic young individuals to reach and secure given targets.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a customer facing role - client relationship management, skills in the software engineering industry will be an added advantage.
- University degree - the area isn’t as important as your curiosity and ability to see things through.
- Computer literacy and effective communication skills by email, phone, web conferencing, face-to-face client meetings, and at trade events.
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus.
- Ownership – you take ownership of your results and often look for ways to improve, you see challenges as opportunities instead of obstacles.
- You are a challenger – you love connecting the dots in business strategy and are comfortable bringing a different point of view to any internal or customer facing meeting.
- You are candid in your feedback and are constantly seeking feedback in return.
In addition to a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) package, WSO2 offers:
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility.
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
- Employee Stock Option Program.
- Opportunity to travel nationally and globally.