Careers - United States
Sales and Marketing
Account Management - Sales
WSO2 may not be a household name yet, but we are an aggressively growing company with a huge dream - to reinvent the way enterprises use information technology. Experts are recognizing that WSO2 is a powerful new player in the industry with a lot of room to grow, but our open-source culture makes us a tight community with a lot of opportunity for every team member.
WSO2 Account Managers are not typical sales associates. Since WSO2 is open source customers have a large ability to discover, assess, and use our products without high-pressure sales tactics. Instead, Account Managers focus on the relationship - understanding customer business needs and building a strong and productive working relationship between customer and WSO2 teams. The Account Manager will be responsible for the overall health of the relationship, helping customers find the information, education, advice, workable collaboration model, and enabling the efficient procurement of the services that will lead the customer to achieve their business goals.
WSO2’s business model is about finding winning partnerships with the customer, and we take pride in our honest and well-aligned business model built on open source licensing, reliable advice, expert services, and transparent pricing. We measure our success - and the Account Manager’s - on the customer’s ability to reach their goals, not the size of a sale.
We are looking for experienced, customer-focused individuals to join our sales team. Candidates must have excellent verbal and written English skills, delight in interpersonal interaction, be highly motivated and conscientious. You must like a bit of adventure too - WSO2’s sales team is split between US, Europe, and Sri Lanka. We visit customers and hold events around the world, and an ability to interact with people of all nationalities is a must. The ability to travel nationally and internationally is also preferred.
Candidates with prior experience in a similar professional role, with a proven track record of building and maintaining customer relationships are encouraged to apply for this vacancy. This position also offers an excellent opportunity for advancement based entirely on merit.
Some of the characteristics we look for in ideal candidates include:
- University degree - the area isn’t as important as your curiosity and ability to see things through.
- 2-8 years of experience in a permanent role in client servicing, customer relationship management and sales.
- Prior experience in software sales specifically would be an added benefit.
- Computer literate, and effective communicating by email, tele- and video conferences, and in person 1-1 or larger events.
- Proficiency in a foreign language a plus.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, WSO2 offers:
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs
- Health insurance for you and your family