Careers - Sri Lanka
Are you someone who enjoys creating software? Do you thrive in providing technical and non technical leadership to a team? Do you understand what customers want and are willing to help them solve their problems? Do you enjoy learning something new everyday and want to keep up with where the world is moving? We are looking for people like you to join our team as Architects.
- The ideal candidate should have working competency in technology domains, programming languages, and software architecture.
- Ability to design and implement solutions adhering to overall architecture and system design goals including performance, security, scalability, quality of code, etc..
- Think of all possible scenarios and the ‘big picture’ when implementing some functionality, ability to estimate effort on functional areas worked on, and on time delivery.
- Ability to identify user stories for the product and document them accordingly.
- Proactively own the functional areas of the product you work on, in addition to all other aspects of the product including:
- Marketing (blogs, social media, and helping out with marketing campaigns),
- Pre-sales (product demos),
- Sales (anticipating future customer requirement and account expansion insights),
- Community engagement (answering questions on stack overflow),
- Delivery and support (monitor and help out with support issues, patches, etc.).
- Research on functional and technical improvements.
- Ability to communicate clearly, articulate in both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to conduct product demos, trainings, and presentations.
- Ability to successfully contribute to technical and non-technical discussions on email and in-person.
- The ability to give technical leadership to a team, delegate, and follow-up on work assigned.
- Lead, guide, and manage technical teams, especially senior members of the team.
- Keep customers informed in a timely manner, practice communication with empathy and be proactive in communicating.
- Be an advocate for communication practices in open source development and successfully practice it.
- Engage with extended teams such as documentation, pre-sales, marketing, and sales on product and customer related activities.
- Travel to participate in on-site customer engagements as required.
- Participate in conferences and customer engagement initiatives as an ambassador of the company.
- Drive architecture review, code review, and other product related meetings.
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or Equivalent with a minimum of 8-12 years of industry experience.
- Strong development skills and proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience and knowledge on Distributed Systems are an added advantage.
- Experience in providing leadership to a team.
- Ability to architect and build software products.