The WSO2 Solutions Architecture Team is more than just another organization delivering middleware. We deliver Integration and IAM software solutions that revolutionize the way the world's top enterprises use Integration and IAM to empower them. WSO2's open source, open standards, and open-business philosophy keep us right on the leading edge of trending topics in enterprise IT including cloud, mobile, social, and DevOps.
In the Solutions Architecture (SA) Team, our Engineers and Architects are the most capable, curious, and adventurous. As individuals working as part of ONE TEAM, we feature some of the brightest minds in the industry. They have gained individual as well as collective recognition, as those who deliver industry-leading open source technology. They have a passion for leading-edge technology and want to be a part of an up-and-coming global brand.
As the Solutions Architecture team, we provide prospects and customers the technical information, guidance, and assurance they need in order to use WSO2 products.
To learn more about the importance of Solutions Architects today and the role they play in technology sales, read this article.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to create unique demos based on a thorough understanding of the customer's business, the potential applications of our technology, and the technical requirements for integration and IAM middleware. Demonstrate the ability to connect product features to technical specifications and demoable features.
- Present demonstrations to the customers showing your capability to communicate and clearly explain the technical and business benefits of the products and POC that meets customer expectations.
- Demonstrate the ability and knowledge to design and implement solutions that are appropriate for your level and experience, as well as at a high standard that meets client expectations.
- Develop subject matter expertise in technical disciplines relevant to your level (WSO2 Products / Architecture / Industry Verticals / Competitor Products, etc.). To better yourself as part of personal brand building, learn, apply, demonstrate, and write about these subjects. Assist WSO2 and by advising customers on proper technology usage. Provide customer feedback on how certain features or technologies are used, and whether this aligns with how we're creating, deploying, and integrating with other components and services. Provide additional feedback on how architects expect particular features based on industry norms, how productive developers should approach features, and how DevOps should automate products in production deployments. Raise issues and follow up on product issues and features that are critical to customer success.
- Current information on technology adoption, evolution, and future predictions in the domains in which we operate that are important to your role.
- Demonstrate capability to act as a Technical lead in project deliveries working closely with the delivery manager / PM. Taking technical ownership and managing and clearly communicating expectations to all parties during customer engagements. Create estimates, schedules with task breakdowns for complex projects relevant to your role. Work with product specialists, to create realistic schedules with necessary lead times and contingencies.
- Conduct paid deployment reviews for customers. Review solution and deployment architecture. Recommend architectural, development, DevOps best practices of using WSO2 products for customer-specific business requirements and use cases. Produce AR documents. Follow up on pending/future items with the customer and account manager.
- Take part in QSPs as a consultant. Learn and help the QSP lead and the customer to make the QSP a success. Contribute to any slides, docs, code, PoCs, demos that are required for the QSP.
- Conduct technical workshops for customers, partners, and public users relevant to your role. Should be able to design workshop content for multiple audiences with different backgrounds - CXO, enterprise/solution architects, developers, and DevOps. Make content (slides, demo scenarios, and demos) relevant to customers' business problems and use cases.
- Take primary (or secondary) responsibilities of a technical owner. Drive pre-sales discussions, conduct technical calls/discussions and demos and convert a prospect into a paying customer. Lead all post-sales expansions, architectural discussions, architecture/deployment reviews of customers. Participate in account planning activities with AMs. Design and conduct private workshops, webinars, lunch and learn sessions for customers as necessary. Follow up on all post-sales activities. Build trust with the customer to become their advisor. Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple accounts and prospects with size and complexity relevant to your role and expertise.
- Evaluate the technical feasibility of RFPs. Help to fill RFPs on technical/business capabilities of the platform.
- Demonstrate the ability to mentor new team members, ensuring that they understand the role's requirements and provide support and assistance as they progress.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Founded in 2005, WSO2 radically simplifies the way enterprises create, deliver, and scale digital experiences. Our cloud native, API-first approach helps developers and architects to innovate at speed and accelerate time to market. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform and our expertise in API management, enterprise integration, and identity and access management—the cornerstones of every successful digital transformation initiative. With offices in Australia, Brazil, Germany, Sri Lanka, the UAE, the UK, and the US, WSO2 employs over 800 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 18 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.