The WSO2 Identity and Access Management (IAM) Team is more than just another organization delivering IAM software. We deliver IAM software that revolutionizes the way the world's top enterprises use IAM to empower them. WSO2's open source, open standards, and open business philosophy keep us right on the leading edge of the wave of most trending topics in enterprise IT including cloud, mobile, social, and DevOps.
In the Solutions Architecture (SA) team, our engineers are the most capable, curious, and adventurous. As individuals working as part of ONE TEAM, we feature some of the best minds in the industry who have gained individual as well as collective recognition, as those who deliver industry-leading open source IAM technology. They have a passion for leading-edge technology and want to be a part of an up-and-coming global brand.
As the IAM Solutions Architecture team, we provide prospects and customers the technical information, guidance, and assurance they need in order to use WSO2 IAM. In order to excel in this role, the IAM solutions architects should see towards graduating from being simply a technical sales engineer to being a legitimate trusted advisor for the prospect or customer.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, WSO2 offers:
- Opportunities to build experience with a broad array of modern technologies and their direct application to enterprise challenges
- Opportunities for advancement towards solution architecture, expert consulting or professional services, or product/solution development
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs
- Health insurance for you and your family
To learn more about the importance of Solutions Engineers today and the role they play in technology sales, read this article.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Team up with Account Managers to provide prospects with the technical information they need to evaluate and select WSO2 technologies.
- Develop and present product demonstrations and answer technical questions about the capabilities and features of WSO2 products.
- Develop and document technical samples, proofs of concept, and prototypes using WSO2 and non-WSO2 technologies.
- Solutions Engineers are expected to be the customers’ primary technical point of contact for any queries, discussions, or escalations that are technical in nature.
- Solutions Engineers will be the primary interface between customers and the product engineering teams, in order to add or prioritize new features/improvements to the product roadmap.
- Feedback to product engineering by documenting user stories for new features, obtained as customer requests or derived from customer interactions.
- Contribute to the activities related to process/governance improvements and efficiency improvements of the IAM Solutions Architecture Team.
- Own your customer solutions and become the go-to person within WSO2 to clarify anything about the customers’ solution either from a business use case perspective or from a technical solution or deployment perspective.
- Work together with Account Managers to plan the customer’s WSO2 related roadmap including potential account expansions.
- Work closely with the Customer Success function to make sure that the project is technically in good shape.
- Graduate from being simply a technical sales engineer to becoming a legitimate trusted advisor for the prospect or customer. Start building the reputation as a trusted technical advisor.
- Advocate WSO2’s CIAM vision, its strategy, and roadmap.
- Work closely with the Product Marketing Management function to provide feedback on strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Collaborate and provide constructive feedback to WSO2 Solutions Architecture function and WSO2 Product Leadership from field knowledge.
- Present at workshops, webinars, and meetups.
- Build your brand as a technology evangelist by producing blogs, articles, and white papers.
- Submit talks to regional and international conferences.
- Get actively involved in open source communities.
- Broaden and consolidate your knowledge of modern software architecture, methodologies, and delivery approaches such as microservice architecture, agile delivery, dev-ops, etc., and apply to customer engagements.
Qualifications and Skills
BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of working experience in solutions engineering/solutions architecture or equivalent role.
- At least 2 years of solid experience in software development and software design principles.
- Knowledge of relatively modern technologies like containerized deployments, CI/CD, etc.
- Working experience with IAM technologies is a bonus.
- This position is very hands-on with the technology and candidates are expected to be able to develop samples and POCs in a programming language they are comfortable in.
- Development experience in Java will be useful but not required.
- Exceptional presentation and communications capabilities; confidence presenting to a highly skilled and experienced audience including developers and architects.
- Showcase a passion to learn new technologies and a desire to tackle hard technical problems.
- Exhibit natural curiosity, an analytical mind, and a willingness to explore the unknown.
- Have the ability to take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to resolution individually as well as work effectively through escalations with other functions of the company.
- Have an affinity for new challenges, a self-starting attitude, and a willingness to work with a global team.
- Demonstrate technical leadership skills and mentoring skills to help develop junior members in the Solutions Architecture team.
- Ability to travel on short notice for short-term assignments.
- Possess an amiable personality, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to the local cultures of WSO2’s global customer and employee base.
Founded in 2005, WSO2 enables the composable enterprise. Our open-source, API-first and
decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly
compose digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated
platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s
hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock- in through open-source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud. WSO2 has over 900
employees worldwide with offices in Australia, Brazil, Germany, Sri Lanka, the UAE, the UK,
and the US. Today, hundreds of leading brands across the globe and thousands of projects
execute more than 18 trillion transactions annually using WSO2’s technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.