The WSO2 Solutions Architecture Team is more than just another organization delivering middleware. We deliver API and integration software solutions that revolutionize the way the world's top enterprises use APIs and integration to empower them. WSO2's open-source, open-standards, and open-business philosophy keep us right on the leading edge of trending topics in enterprise IT including cloud, mobile, social, and DevOps.
In the Solutions Architecture (SA) Team, our engineers and Architects are the most capable, curious, and adventurous. As individuals working as part of ONE TEAM, we feature some of the best minds in the industry. They have gained individual as well as collective recognition as those who deliver industry-leading open-source technology. They have a passion for leading-edge technology and want to be a part of an up-and-coming global brand.
As Solution Architects in the Financial Services and Open Banking team, we work with industry-leading banks and fintech around the globe. We build platforms that help financial services institutions to provide next-gen customer experiences, while meeting regulatory compliance.
To learn more about the importance of Solutions Architects and the role they play in technology sales, read this article.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create and present demonstrations, POCs, and related materials for our products and highlight their powerful capabilities to meet customer expectations.
- Demonstrate the ability and knowledge to create high-quality solution designs and implementations.
- Stay up-to-date on technology usage and evolution as well as future trends in our domains.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of WSO2’s product stack and the features they deliver.
- Demonstrate you can apply WSO2 product features to customer/business use cases to meet technical and business requirements.
- Conduct technical workshops for customers, partners, and public users. You should be able to design workshop content for multiple audiences, e.g., CXOs, enterprise/solution architects, developers, and DevOps. Make content (slides, demo scenarios, etc.) relevant to customers' business problems and use cases.
- Take primary (or secondary) responsibilities of a technical owner. Drive pre-sales discussions, conduct technical calls/discussions and demos, and convert a prospect into a paying customer. Lead post-sale expansions, architectural discussions, architecture/deployment reviews of customers. Participate in account planning activities with AMs. Design conduct private workshops, webinars, and lunch-and-learn sessions for customers as required. Follow up on all post-sales activities. Build trust with the customer to become their trusted advisor. Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple accounts and prospects.
- Drive business and technical discussions on strategic accounts and opportunities. Conduct presentations, calls, and meetings with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Evaluate the technical feasibility of RFPs; help to fill these RFPs on technical/business capabilities.
- Take a lead role in gathering technical information and preparing for technical demos. Work with AMs and obtain resources from product teams and lead/drive the RFP demo/presentations with the customer.
- Work with AMs to create an account plan and execute it. Design technical presentations, product feature/roadmap updates, discover expansion opportunities, and work toward constantly engaging with the customer. Work with the customer and internal product teams to solve pain points.
- Take a lead role in handling customer escalations. Work with the support team to solve critical production issues, create root cause analysis reports, etc. Follow through with issues and make sure they are resolved. Identify the problems, create a plan to fix those issues, and execute to completion.
- Produce written content relevant to your target audience. Consistently put out high-quality content that positions you as an expert as well as drives traffic to WSO2.
- Work with marketing and present webinars/public workshops relevant to your target audience.
- Create, participate in, and share technical sessions for improving fellow SA team members. Actively contribute to team meetings and share thoughts and experiences.
- Assist to implement diverse practices to improve the overall productivity and quality of the team. Actively collaborate with tasks to improve team functions.
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
Technical Requirements and Knowledge
- Knowledge in emerging technologies.
- Development experience with API gateways and middleware is a bonus.
- Experience with solutions design and development to meet customer requirements.
- Exceptional presentation and communications capabilities; the ability to present to a highly skilled and experienced audience, including developers and architects.
- Showcase a passion to learn new technologies and a desire to tackle hard technical problems.
- Exhibit natural curiosity, an analytical mind, and a willingness to explore the unknown.
- Take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to resolution individually as well as work effectively through escalations with the engineering team.
- Have an affinity for new challenges, a self-starting attitude, and a willingness to work with a global team.
- Possess an amiable personality and excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to the local cultures of WSO2’s global customer and employee base.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.