Location: Sri Lanka
Ballerina is an open source programming language and platform for cloud-era application programmers to easily write software that just works. Ballerina team at WSO2 is working on expanding the features of Ballerina and are looking for passionate Engineers who would like to be a part of an exciting journey. As a member of our team, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to build innovative technologies that inspire developers to produce state-of-the-art software. This is a great opportunity for you to contribute to open-source as well as build your own brand by publishing your work as research papers, articles, and personal blogs.
By joining the Ballerina team, you would get the opportunity to work on one or many of the following areas based on your expertise and interest.
- Build or extend Ballerina compiler front-end and mid-level phases or code generation and optimization for JVM and native platforms.
- Design and implement the Ballerina Standard Library which varies from modules such as file I/O, database, security, math, task to modules such as socket, HTTP transport, gRPC transport, etc.
- Design and implement Ballerina developer tools which vary from IDE Plugins, Kubernetes, and Docker Support, Language tools such as linters, formatters, and IntelliSense support, Ballerina Central, and other developer utilities.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Solid skills and experiences in one or two programming languages.
- Ability to design and implement solutions adhering to overall architecture and system design goals including performance, security, scalability, quality of code, etc.
- Ability to give technical leadership to a small team. Delegate and follow-up on work assigned.
- Ability to mentor junior members in engineering best-practices and processes.
- Ability to communicate clearly: articulate in both written and verbal communication.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking.
- Desire to learn, explore and drive solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to work with a culture of learning, prototyping, and experimentation.
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience.
- Familiarity with C/C++, Java, or Rust.
- Experience in compiler front-end, mid-level analysis, and optimizations.
- Experience in working with LLVM-family compiler technology.
- Experience in high-performance application development, network programming.
- Experience in UI development with React or other JS frameworks.
- Experience in Kubernetes and Docker.
In Addition to a Competitive Compensation Package, WSO2 Offers:
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility.
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
Founded in 2005, WSO2 enables the composable enterprise. Our open-source, API-first and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly compose digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open-source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud. WSO2 has over 800 employees worldwide with offices in Australia, Brazil, Germany, India, Sri Lanka, the UAE, the UK, and the US. Today, hundreds of leading brands across the globe and thousands of projects execute more than 18 trillion transactions annually using WSO2’s technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
Diversity Drives Innovation
We’ve built our business on a commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe it’s important to foster an environment that values and respects each individual’s strengths, perspectives, and ideas. Doing so not only drives innovation; it also ensures that we can create superior experiences for our customers, partners, and employees worldwide. We value the diversity of our team regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran or marital status, and we do not tolerate any form of discrimination.