Careers - Sri Lanka
Associate Technical Lead - WSO2 Open Banking
The WSO2 Open Banking team seeks a top-notch, passionate Associate Technical Lead with domain expertise, proven leadership, and effective communication skills to manage small sub-teams within the Open Banking team.
If you think you have what it takes and are interested in being part of our team, don't hesitate to forward your CV.
- Has an in-depth understanding of development best practices.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Good time management skills and a positive attitude.
- Performs complex programming tasks.
- Thinks of potential expansion points, integration points, and possible pitfalls, i.e., the ‘big picture’ in system design.
- Ability to thoroughly investigate and troubleshoot complex issues, conduct root cause analysis, and proactively mitigate potential problems.
- Participates in code reviews and can sign off on small features.
- Ability to read financial specifications to understand technical requirements and opportunities for competitive differentiation and innovation.
- Can write functional specifications for minor features.
- Participates in gathering requirements with customers.
- Evaluates competitors and markets and proposes improvements to products.
- Ability to accurately estimate effort at granular and high levels; on-time delivery.
- Be a champion for WSO2’s development process when developing components and features for products.
- Bring in new ideas to enhance processes and product marketing efforts.
Ownership and Leadership
- Ability to effectively delegate and follow up; ensures tasks are completed as specified without micromanaging.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of 5 - 10 individuals and evaluate their performance; represent WSO2 in customer engagements as a Lead.
- Complete ownership of all aspects of the product, including the overall vision for the product, the engineering process, quality, marketing efforts (blogs, social media, and helping out with marketing campaigns), pre-sales (product demos), sales (anticipating future customer requirements and account expansion insights), documentation, community engagement (answering questions on community sites), delivery, and support (monitor and help out with support issues, patches, etc.).
- As a manager, you will be expected to meet regularly to discuss direct reports, provide frequent feedback on the team’s work, help individuals to set goals, and work with the engineering lead or director to ensure employee growth and retention.
- Makes time to help others and mentor them.
- Cooperates with different types of people to complete the task.
- Lead technical/non-technical discussions on email and in-person.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak in public.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience with 4-6 years of industry experience.
- Strong working competency in technology domains, programming languages, and software architecture.
- Highly proficient in Java, OpenID, FAPI, SSO, LDAP, AD, OAuth2, SAML, JWT, React, REST, SOAP, and microservices.
- Strong advocate of technology methodologies, including Agile, CI/CD, and automation.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and prior experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers, such as AWS, will be an added advantage.
- Can design and implement a solution by understanding the requirement and problem.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.