Founded in 2005, WSO2 radically simplifies the way enterprises create, deliver, and scale digital experiences. Our cloud native, API-first approach helps developers and architects to innovate at speed and accelerate time to market. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform and our expertise in API management, enterprise integration, and identity and access management—the cornerstones of every successful digital transformation initiative. With offices in Australia, Brazil, Germany, Sri Lanka, the UAE, the UK, and the US, WSO2 employs over 800 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 18 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
We are looking for experienced personnel in the IT Security & Compliance domain with versatility across SaaS products for a 3-month contract position. The Compliance Consultant's role is to steer the entire company in the right direction in terms of high-level security and compliance. The ultimate goal is to have a fully operational compliance process that encounters all products and business operations
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understanding WSO2’s business environment, business strategy, and future product and service releases, and creating the compliance vision and the roadmap to achieve it.
- Identify and highlight gaps between the already implemented cloud security controls and policies vs industry recommended best practices/compliance requirements.
- Working closely with the WSO2 team and helping to establish a compliance practice within the company. This involves providing recommendations to build a compliance team structure, a formal compliance framework, and providing guidance to simplify as well as to automate compliance-related tasks.
- To be available for key meetings with external parties such as consultants who would be assisting in obtaining specific standards, auditors, etc (will be notified in advance if any).
- Recommending a technical roadmap to align with the compliance roadmap, by considering both technical and non-technical requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- 15+ years of experience in the Security & Compliance domain.
- Prior experience working for a SaaS company is a must.
- Familiar with key standards mainly covering cloud aspects is expected. (E.g. SOC 2, HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO 27017, ISO 27018, FISMA, FedRamp, CMMC etc.)
- Experience in setting up similar practices for organizations will definitely be an added advantage.
No physical presence is required, you can work from any part of the world (the Security & Compliance team will be mainly based in Sri Lanka - IST)