Careers - Sri Lanka
Data Science Engineer
At WSO2, we are driven to help developers innovate faster by making it easier to integrate and program the world’s disaggregated scale architectures, all using open source technology. Today we are the world’s #1 open source integration vendor, offering a platform that enables businesses to integrate, manage, and govern any API, data or system - on-premises or in the cloud. Enterprises and governments across the world rely on WSO2’s consulting and subscriptions that accelerate the evolution of any digital native initiative.
Supported by a strong technology team, marketing at WSO2 is at the forefront of growing the business. We constantly break new ground by communicating creatively and engagingly with customers and developers in all our marketing activities. The marketing team offers a unique opportunity to build a strong global technology brand.
We are looking for a senior engineer with a strong technical background, who is also creative, curious, analytical minded, and willing to explore new approaches to generate new prospects through curated content, targeted events and tailored marketing campaigns - and to ultimately help us build a strong and engaging online brand.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will be responsible for building and enhancing our online presence by curating content to suit business requirements of potential clients, establishing and countering competitive marketing strategies, maintaining our social media presence on platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook, as well as identifying and filling gaps in our technical knowledge base. You’ll also work closely with our technical, product marketing, product management, and event teams to develop engaging content and social programs. In addition, you will:
- Identify topics of interest to buyers and our customers based on new and lesser known product features or on-going demand in the industry.
- Identify opportunities for marketing campaigns based on compliance requirements, pricing advantages over competitors, as well as new trends in specific sectors/domains.
- Establish and execute social marketing strategies.
- Develop innovative approaches to appeal to audience demographics such as developers, DevOps engineers, architects and technical managers.
- Help engage influencers, pre-sales prospects, and customers.
- Help engage and involve technical teams in marketing activities.
- Liaise with product engineering and core marketing team on planning and executing various marketing activities.
- Research about the market outlook and competitors and provide competitive analysis reports as well as battle cards.
- Work with the data scientist and find insight into product usage, feedback, and market interest. Provide business reports required for management meetings.
Qualifications and Skills
We’re looking for a highly self-motivated individual with a strong technical background, excellent verbal and written English skills, great people skills who is capable of and is comfortable with juggling multiple priorities and programs.
The ideal candidate should also have some or all of these characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a senior software engineer.
- Excellent technical design and implement skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of online communities and social formats.
- Experience in content development targeting different audiences/demographics.
- Ability to think of all possible scenarios and the “big picture”.
- Ability to delegate and follow-up on work assigned and mentor junior members on best practices and processes.
- Prior exposure to event/content marketing and/or sales engineering activities will be an added advantage.
- Comfortable using social media tools, content management systems, and graphics development tools, and knowledge of SEO basics, digital marketing techniques.
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Excellent project management skills to achieve deadlines.
- Ability to set and achieve quantitative as well as qualitative goals.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.